Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#46: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 pm
    ----
Stovey, Thanks! Can't you use those self-sticking Shoot-N-C targets on the metal and see your groups?

#47: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:18 am
    ----
great to see youve got it sussed.

#48: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 am
    ----
great to see youve got it sussed.

#49: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:59 am
    ----
Elvis...stand by for a barrage of "another Aussie/KIWI colloquialism...what the blazes does sussed mean" Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#50: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:17 am
    ----
I would gander it is short for "sausered and blown"!

#51: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:19 am
    ----
Yep, just checked Yahoo!

–verb (used with object) Chiefly British Slang . to investigate or figure out (usually followed by out ).

suss (s s) tr.v. sussed, suss·ing, suss·es Slang. 1. To infer or discover; figure out

#52: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Stovey, Thanks! Can't you use those self-sticking Shoot-N-C targets on the metal and see your groups?

Nope- them I cant claim. I can spray 'em with paint between brakes- I can tell which is my hit through the spotting scope untill the get shot too much. Or I can run a frame out to 200. Running paper out past the first berm is a pain during the brake. Esp when someone cross-fires or misses a gong with open sights and shatters it.

#53: Re: Having fun helping a friend accurize his rifle Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:24 pm
    ----
Since my friends .270 Rem 700 was doing so well with the Barnes 110gr TTSX and H414, I thought I'd try some 130gr Hornady GMX since they do better in my rifle, especially at longer range. The first attempt with H414 didn't go so well. Here are the groups at 100 yards. Not sure why the all grouped to the right. The 110s are sighted in for 250 yards and shot for reference. Got to love a group like that out of an old hunting rifle!!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions