What do all your handles mean?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:26 pm
    ----
My name shortens from Derek to "Del" (DON'T as me how.....) and in the UK there was a great show on tv called "Only Fools And Horses" - the main character being "Delboy"........... I am also known as "Bumper" by a lot of my buddies due to my uncanny ability to park my Ford Transit panel van in a space that is shorter than the van. Smile

#32: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:03 pm
    ----
Former Moderator on the GROOVE BULLETS website Evil or Very Mad
Jack

#33: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: stiffknees PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:35 pm
    ----
chose stiffknees because when I joined I'd just returned from runnig the hills in Potter County Pa and the old knees were indeed stiff
Bob

#34: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: coyotehunter_1Location: Tennessee (USA) PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:51 pm
    ----
Welcome to Hunting Nut Smile

Chet

#35: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: KnifeboyLocation: The Arizona desert PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:22 pm
    ----
Welcome to the site indeed
We might have to send you some asprine to help with the pain, then we will change your name to Jack be Nimble LOL Very Happy
We hope you enjoy the forums and post a lot more.

Knifeboy

#36: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: kbisLocation: East, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:30 pm
    ----
Hay guys, welcome to the site, there are a lot of great people here.

#37: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: bigdog PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:18 pm
    ----
It's a name my shooting buddy hung on me.

#38: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:54 pm
    ----
Welcome to huntingnut Bigdog sit long and talk much

#39: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: bigdog PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:18 pm
    ----
Thanks for the invite. I have no problem with sitting long and talking much. I host a morning talk radio show each day before going to work.

#40: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: grumpy PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:58 pm
    ----
I went through a time when hunting and shooting became boring and wasn't having any fun. Some good friends reminded me that I said I'd quit if I stopped having fun, so I did. For all of two weeks, then I discovered archery and spent the next ten years doing nothing but that. Somewhere along the way I found a bow made by Darton called a Viper and the thing just fit perfect. I still shoot one and dread the day it wears out and I can't get parts for it.
In other places I go by Grumpy, because my granddaughter calls me that. My wife thought it would be funny, since I was a little peaved I was going to be a grandpa so early. Now it's kind of a permanent handle, since everyone calls me that now. But, someone else apparently already has that on this board, so I go by my original.

#41: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: grumpy PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:48 am
    ----
DOH!!! Oops, guess that's what I get for using different names online. Old age, you know, the mind she's not so good no more. I'll be all right, and you can call me either Grumpy or Dartonvpr, I answer to both.

#42: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:49 am
    ----
Grumpy, dont worry. It is said that short term memory is first to go! Welcome to the club. Oh yeah, by the way, short term memory is..............

#43: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:17 pm
    ----
Hi: It used to be Short Range Sniper in another lifetime. But it was my username for the office computer system, and my boss, his office stool pigeon, and our accounting wonk went nuts! Very Happy Hee Hee. Interviews with the H.R. director, and a shrink, just to be sure I wasn't going to blow somebody away. Shocked

Apparently, they keep a list of "hostile" usernames, especially since 9/11, so I kept it as a subtle "screw you all" just to bug their bureaucratic little minds. I am probably on a list of persons to watch somewhere, but that's O.K. Long range riflery is what I like to try. I'm not very good at it, but I do have fun! Hoooo Haaah!

Last edited by sniper on Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

#44: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:21 pm
    ----
RokLok=rocklock=flintlock

#45: Re: What do all your handles mean? Author: LittleMagnumLocation: Vermont PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:46 pm
    ----
Mine came from a gunsmith. He made many big cannon deer rifles for a friend of mine and two for me, his name is Art, same as mine, so it was Big Art and Little Art, We both own, and had Magnum Rifles built, so it became Big Magnum and Little Magnum.

-> General