Explosion at Nosler plant
-> General

#1: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:23 pm
    ----
Saw this in an industrial newsletter I get.

www.manufacturing.net/...?id=259976

#2: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 am
    ----
Here's a picture !!!

#3: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:17 am
    ----
Here's a link to the local news with videos from Bend Oregon !!!

www.ktvz.com/news/2377...tail.html#

#4: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:59 am
    ----
Crap. I use Nosler's for Boomer!

Thank God no one was hurt or killed.

Holy smokes that was a big blast!

#5: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:07 am
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
Holy smokes that was a big blast!

I heard it was the results of low load density experimentation with a 300WM and bullets seated on the lands !!! Poke

#6: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:14 am
    ----
No worries for me, my COL are to spec. So there. Nananana

Have you killed anything lately, besides brain-cells?

#7: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 am
    ----
wtf Sure have........... a case of beer and a bottle of Bourbon !!!

#8: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:47 am
    ----
Brain and liver cells at once eh?....that's called a two-fer.

Put down the booze and go out and hunt something ya nut.

#9: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:02 pm
    ----
Only thing that can be shot legally is he groundhogs right now......Mr. farmer hasn't got the hay cut yet !!! Sad

I will however go buy some Nosler's just to do my part to help with their re-building fund.......everyone go buy some Nosler's !!!

If ya don't use them buy some anyways and send them to me. Very Happy 40gr B-Tips for the 221FB and 70gr B-tips for the 6mm Remington. Laughing

#10: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm
    ----
I could use some 200 and 240gr JHP's fer Boomer...hint-hint. First I gotta get some bunny and bird loads for my pop-guns.

#11: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:03 pm
    ----
Wow, some one reacted decisively!

"One of the gentlemen that was downstairs saw a bright flash of light,” Waterman said. “He alerted everyone and pulled the fire alarm."

He didn't even wait to find out if anything was wrong just knew that something migh be wrong. That guy saved lots of lives!

#12: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 pm
    ----
That is just plain nasty...it great that nobody was injured and that the company execs believe that they can get back online quickly.

Time to purchase some Nosler boolits methinks...help them back onto their feet.

Cheers, Vince

#13: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: ErnyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 am
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
I could use some 200 and 240gr JHP's fer Boomer...hint-hint. First I gotta get some bunny and bird loads for my pop-guns.

Great minds think alike, aye Stovepipe? I use the Nosler 158 Jacket hollow points in the 686, as my standby anti-home invasion persuader! I have the same load for my 4inch Colt Python back-up as well Very Happy

Shame about Nosler, but glad no one was hurt!

Cheers Erny.

Last edited by Erny on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: ErnyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:24 am
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
:wtf: Sure have........... a case of beer and a bottle of Bourbon !!!

Your one sick puppy chambered, i can't but help feel that you would really enjoy the Aussie way of life! Especial summer time on one of our famous pub crawls, which i am sure young Vince is familiar with!

Cheer Erny.

#15: Re: Explosion at Nosler plant Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 am
    ----
Erny wrote:
Your one sick puppy chambered

Why thank you Sir......Nicest thing I've heard in a long time !!!

-> General