The Australian Senior health care solution
-> Jokes & Humor

#1: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: ErnyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:41 pm
    ----
So you're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is

no nursing home available for you - what do you do?

Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You

are allowed to shoot 2 MP's and 2 Ministers - not necessarily dead!

Of course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get

3 meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, and all the

health care you need! New teeth - no problem. Need glasses, great.

New hip, knees, kidney, lungs, heart? All covered. (And your kids

can come and visit you as often as they do now).

And who will be paying for all of this? The same government that

just told you that you they cannot afford for you to go into a home.

Plus, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income

taxes anymore.

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

#2: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:20 pm
    ----
The truth in that is really frightening!

#3: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: ErnyLocation: Brisbane PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:29 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
The truth in that is really frightening!

Could not agree more with you Mike!

Cheers erny!

#4: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:01 am
    ----
Read one recently about a cruise ship, (may have been here)
cheaper than a nursing home
and you get looked after better (so the article said)

#5: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:32 am
    ----
Its a true fact in NZ as well!!!!

#6: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:32 am
    ----
Works for me Erny.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:54 am
    ----
This may be the only way to get Health Care in Obama-land if Obama-care becomes a reality. They have even taken the military retire's health care away - no need for it anymore. Ba hum bug!!!

#8: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:58 am
    ----
Saw on the news it costs 64k/year, minimum, to incarcerate a sexual predator. WTFF?! Confused wtf Shocked

Wouldn't cost a nickle if I had anything to do with it.

I'd spend every dime we waste on coddling scumbags and give it to the elderly and vets instead- directly, by mail, no 'programs' or middle-men.

Bet there'd be half as many prisoners, or less, in one year if we brought back old school Folsom style lock-up. THAT, I gaurantee you.

#9: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:41 pm
    ----
Slim wrote:
They have even taken the military retire's health care away - no need for it anymore. Ba hum bug!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Tell me this don't mean what it sounds like Slim !!!

Does this mean that the retired Veterans, who have done the hard yards for their country, are no longer covered by any sort of Govt Health Care Scheme for service related injuries/illnesses/conditions?
Mad Mad Mad

For the sake of all of the Veterans in the US, I sincerely hope this is NOT the case. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Cheers, Vince

#10: Re: The Australian Senior health care solution Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:31 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Does this mean that the retired Veterans, who have done the hard yards for their country, are no longer covered by any sort of Govt Health Care Scheme for service related injuries/illnesses/conditions?

Off course they are covered .... with the new Obamacare! Oops, I see your point - they really won't be covered.

-> Jokes & Humor