Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:02 pm
    ----
And BTW, I love Lee products.

#17: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:50 am
    ----
Gelandangan...This is a photo of the small primer installing ram and a shell holder for .38/.357. You will note that there is a little bit more clearance between the installing ram and the shell holder. My shell holders, both the set pictured and the ones that came with my dies, vary in hole diameter depending if they were intended for large primer or small primers. You might have a look at RCBS shell holders too. They fit the Lee presses and Auto Prime II also.

Donut Slayer...Yes. That is a Lee Classic (cast iron) Turret in the background. I have never felt the need for a progressive press and flat love my Lee Turret. It is a good match for the Lee Classic (cast iron) "O" single stage press [also seen in the photos]...

#18: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 am
    ----
Look at that! Bushy keeps his reloading press shinier than his boots!!

#19: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 am
    ----
Not fair slimjim...Just got back from feeding the horses and dunging out the stalls. Besides. I don't polish these boots. I oil them with Neetsfoot oil.
Never shinny....

#20: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:42 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Not fair ..

sorry, I just couldn't resist teasing ya!

#21: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 am
    ----
Gelandangan...You better protect me. I came on here to give you a hand and all I'm getting is shot full of holes here. Laughing

There...Is that better?

#22: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 am
    ----
I'm impressed!! You do clean up well. Any reason for the pistol being in the picture?!?!

#23: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 am
    ----
I'm impressed!! You do clean up well. Any reason for the pistol being in the picture?!?!

#24: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm
    ----
Yeh...Just incase you complained again...

#25: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:20 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

Yer standin' on his last nerve. Shocked

Laughing

Ooooh- is the that the Classic Conversion Combo press in the background? Confused

Nice boots, Cowtowns, Nacona's? Confused Ima Cowtown man muhself. Very Happy

Can I have that lil peacemaker, I want that lil peacmaker. Razz

Oh and RAM PRIME kiddies as it does NOT get any simpler than that! Them plastic lolipops are for progressive's! Laughing

#26: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm
    ----
Thanks for the pictures Bushy!

I gave the Auto Prime a go with some used primer and even though the ram is off center (with the primer off center too)
somehow the primer gone into the primer pocket just fine!! wtf

Lee's engineer must have done something right..

Below are pictures of what concerns me about the tool.
Notice the size of the gap between the ram and Lee shell holder No 4 (I am planning to prime some 223 cases)

I hope I wont one day crush a primer and detonating it..

#27: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

Bushy, that would make a great Avatar picture! Like Stovepipe pointed out, it compliments your signature block.

You are the king of posts, how long have you used your current avatar?

#28: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 pm
    ----
Is it possible to use the old style ram with the auto feed ???
This might alleviate any concerns about crushing.

gelan, not to change the subject or hi-jack you, but I've been told Cor-bon is making 300 Whisper again.

#29: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 pm
    ----
My avitar is from 2006...

Gelandangan...Now try it with live primers. You will have to [sometimes] shake the case while holding just a little up pressure to help center the primer. Especially with primer pockets with very little chamfer to start the primer...

#30: Re: Somebody please help me with Lee Auto Prime II Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

Gelandangan...Now try it with live primers. You will have to [sometimes] shake the case while holding just a little up pressure to help center the primer. Especially with primer pockets with very little chamfer to start the primer...

Ok Bushy, I'll try that.

Thanks for your help!

By the way, nice boot !! Very Happy

-> Reloading Ammunition