Hunting Season
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: Hunting Season Author: eaglesnesterLocation: Northern Interior B.C. Canada PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 am
    ----
Live and hunt in the central interior of British Columbia Canada. Spring bear season is open now. The wife and I have been out 5 or six times and we have seen 16 bears or so. The biggest one we have seen is just across the street from the house. We think it is an old sow that has been around here for years. She be a good bear and don't bother nobody, neverless she has some size to her. All the others we have seen we have passed on as they were not what we were looking for. I want that once in a lifetime shooter bear 7 foot or better. The is a rare bear for sure, very few get that big and there are not that many in the gene pool, but they are out there . Old Goloith is still around, those that have seen him said that they have watched him from far off peeking over pine saplings that were 12 feet tall or so. He must be some bear indeed.

#2: Re: Hunting Season Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:13 am
    ----
12 footer?

Get the .338. And a bigger truck.

And move if ya miss him! Laughing

#3: Re: Hunting Season Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:53 pm
    ----
Eagle, any update on your Spring bear hunting?

#4: Re: Hunting Season Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:16 am
    ----
What calibers are your using? I suspect a 12 footer would require a lot of gun. Take care...
Joe

#5: Re: Hunting Season Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:03 am
    ----
Maybe he didn't have enough gun. I hope that isn't why we have not heard from him.

#6: Re: Hunting Season Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 am
    ----
Anyone seen a bear carrying somekind of a trophee? Maybe golden teeth or a scalp? Smile

-> Big Game Hunting