25-06 loads using Reloader 17
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: 25-06 loads using Reloader 17 Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm
    ----
laurent wrote:
I just received an email from Barnes:

Although we don’t have any data using the new RL-17 in the 25-06, 100 grain TSX/TTSX, it is fine to use Alliant’s data for lead core bullets. They show a maximum of 53.0 grains. Reduce by 10% to start. As always, be sure to start at the minimum and work up slowly, watching for signs of high pressure. Here is a link to their data area: www.alliantpowder.com/...fault.aspx Thank you for your patronage.

Sincerely,
Ryan Keele | Tech Support/Customer Service

Barnes Bullets, LLC

So I guess I will have to work up a load and let you know .
Thank you
Laurent

Thanks Laurent, I knew that they would get back to you. Barnes is generally pretty darn good for responding

#17: Re: 25-06 loads using Reloader 17 Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 pm
    ----
I would tell Barnes (I have) to either get load data for their bullets or I would keep using the sierra bullets that have prived the finest accuracy that I have ever experienced and as good terminal ballistic performance as any bullet.

Now they claim better accuracy and more velocity with their bullets and loads - I have not had that happen - the accuracy was worse than poor from my gun and I couldn't find a powder or load that would make them shoot. After the last try I swore I would never waste my time with them again. Some day I may change my mind but not untill they provide data that has been tested.

-> Reloading Ammunition