This is how you build a tree stand ...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#16: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:10 pm
    ----
It is not THAT cold here.

Dimitri

#17: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 pm
    ----
Shocked I hope your gonna paint it-at least!

#18: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:59 pm
    ----
Of course it will be painted Troubles...in camo colours too I bet. Laughing

Don't fergit the camo curtains 'Mitri...would set things off nicely.

Cheers, Vince

#19: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm
    ----
Wait wait I found out how it's done!! This cracks me up so bad!!

Couldn't you just see this truck mounted thingy getting stuck up there and no way down, or how about tipping over, that would be fun! What a kick!

twofatguys
Suz

#20: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:29 pm
    ----
There's enough lumber in there to make me a lifetime of stands.

#21: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 am
    ----
That truck thing is a riot. e-ticket ride in a box with rifles should any breeze come up. Hopin' that's just for mounting the box on a stand.

Last edited by stovepipe on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 am
    ----
You ain't gettin' me up there without outriggers on that there truck. Let me tell ya...

#23: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 pm
    ----
That will work D Very Happy . Looks like a fine stand . I will have to get some pics of our stands at the farm I hunt, there like little condos Laughing They make for comfortable huntin Very Happy

Joe

#24: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:17 pm
    ----
Little condos you say?

Dimitri

#25: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:49 pm
    ----
Carpet is a good sound insulator but over the years we have found it attracts too many bugs. Also, if rain gets inside, it holds the water next tot he wood and accelerates rotting. After reflooring two stands last year, the carpets didn't go back in.

#26: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Carpet is a good sound insulator but over the years we have found it attracts too many bugs. Also, if rain gets inside, it holds the water next tot he wood and accelerates rotting. After reflooring two stands last year, the carpets didn't go back in.

That's why I suggested he leave it loose...

So he can remove it if'n it gets wet or the bugs find it.

#27: Re: This is how you build a tree stand ... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:29 pm
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:
That's why I suggested he leave it loose... So he can remove it if'n it gets wet or the bugs find it.

To be proactive and prevent water or bug damage before it happens, I would suggest rolling the carpet up at the end of hunting season and either take it home or leave it standing up in the corner of the blind.

-> Big Game Hunting