Law enforcement officer accidentally killed by hunter
-> General

#1: Law enforcement officer accidentally killed by hunter Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 pm
    ----
This story was posted on another forum that I visit.

www.chattanoogan.com/a...170478.asp

It seems that the officer was looking over a rise in the ground with only his head visible and his night vision gear caused a reflection that looked like animal eyes. I still don't think that is an excuse but it does help explain the incident a little more.

#2: Re: Law enforcement officer accidentally killed by hunter Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 pm
    ----
Wow, I googled "Ocmulgee Bluff Equestrian Recreation Area" to see what the area was like and whether or not they allow hunting. I quit after the tenth page as all the hits were about the shooting. One article said that hunting was not allowed in the area. Also, if he had a night scope he needed more than just two "bright eyes" to call it a target and shoot. Very tragic. I feel for Officer Upton's wive and daughter. Incidents like this don't help the sport of shooting.

-> General