Reloading Bench Mess
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#241: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: WildHorseLocation: Nebraska PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
    ----
Vince
I use old pillow cases to cover all my reloaders. You can usually find the at a thrift shop for 25 to 50 cents each. They work great.

Just a thought

#242: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:14 am
    ----
Wildhorse, that's a good idea to keep dust off when not in use. Have you had any problems with humidity/moisture?

#243: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: WildHorseLocation: Nebraska PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:17 am
    ----
Pumpkinslinger
We have very high humidity here in Nebraska 70 to 80%.
You have really got to watch the guns or you will find them a pretty nice orange color the next time you go to use them.
I have been using the pillow cases to cover all of my reloaders. They really work well on my Mec shotgun loaders.

#244: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:26 pm
    ----
Thanks!

#245: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm
    ----
I use old cotton diapers on my presses.

In my gun cabinets I put 1/2 kilo bags of desiccant...no problems since doing that.

Cheers, Vince

#246: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:05 am
    ----
I use large plasic bags that I have used a paper punch on to vent them. I have an 18" Golden Rod and a closet de-humidifier in my safe. Works well for me and it doesn't look like I have "gunny sacks" on my presses.

Diapers Vince?

#247: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Diapers Vince?

Hey, Vince is the man! He is studly in a kilt and is without fear or ridicule! Besides, he's just keeping them in play while awaiting more grand children to come along.

#248: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 pm
    ----
Yep....diapers...well, the cotton washable variety...not them disposable "time-bombs"

We had quite a few left over from when we had our kids...they make great rags for polishing the car...and covering up my presses. Very Happy Laughing

Slim...gonna be a little while before we get anymore grandkids...the two eldest girls can't have anymore, and the two youngest just ain't ready yet...especially the youngest...she ain't married yet. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#249: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 am
    ----
Loadin' up some snacks fer EL Kabong....H4831 and RE22 (one powder out atta time, never both.) I prep the cases the night before, then, getter all set up for charging in the morning, then, charge and seat one atta time so there's no chance for a double....this was just before I lifted the funnel too soon off my case and....66.5gr of H4831 all over the place, that was a reloading bench mess! Laughing

#250: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 am
    ----
And the mess? Where is it? And here I was lookin' forward to a mess of powder all over the bench.

Ever use H4831SC instead of H4831?

H4831SC is what I use in my .30-06 under a 165 gr to 180 gr bullets.

#251: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 am
    ----
No mess pics! But, it was all over so, rest assured there Laughing . I put away the camera and got back to business. No further distractions. Never used SC, same burn rate though. Not sure if it makes a diff or not, I think SC is supposed to meter better though measures. I pan weigh my charges. Only use a measure on plinking stuff on the progressive press on the right.

#252: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 am
    ----
Besides metering better it is a lot more denser in the case giving a better (even) burn. Other then that it is the same in all aspects.

#253: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:58 am
    ----
Copy that Mr. Bush!

#254: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:59 pm
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
that was a reloading bench mess!

Seeing is believing. Looks too clean to be messy to me.

#255: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 am
    ----
I'll go home tonight and dump some H110 on it....then take a pic. That stuff'll get everywhere.

And then you can come over and clean it up!

-> Reloading Ammunition