Reloading Bench Mess
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#226: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:47 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Them thar anteeks ain't made no more. The one on the left is a Sony SQD-2020 and the preamp is for a Teac 4010SU...And anything close is surround sound and that sucks. I much prefer Quadraphonic...

chambered221, (I even got the 221 right not like............... ) "some" of them "OLD" guys really get set in their ways don't they? Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Hiding Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#227: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:53 pm
    ----
Four channel quad may be the for runner of surround sound except quadraphonic was an attempt to place four different sounds in four different places. Surround sound is the attempt to surround you with the one signal in multi locations giving you the [so called] feeling that you are in a theater. Not even close!!

#228: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 pm
    ----
Bushy, Yes .. that.. and there is reason why I did not post the picture of MY bench (dump) here..

And, um.. quadra.. what? whats that? is this the "wisdom you acquire as you age" thing?

#229: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 pm
    ----
1895ss wrote:
"some" of them "OLD" guys really get set in their ways don't they?

Yes they do SS.......yes they do !!!

#230: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:07 am
    ----
Confirmed my new .45 load Saturday. Cases I managed to recover were a little haggard from several reloads. So I tumbled them to smooth the rims up some while I was out shooting trap. Had an addtion to the urban reloading bench in the form of LEE reloader press for EL Kabong loads, too. The bench-mascot is a one eye'd, one horned, flying purple people eater. Squeeze his paw and he dances and sings the classic song.

Lotsa shiny bullets- SHINY, do you hear Wiresy! Razz

Last edited by stovepipe on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total

#231: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:09 am
    ----
Shiny shiny shiny! Smile

Forgot how nice tumbled rounds look. Might do this more often. Suckers look like factory stuff now.

#232: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm
    ----
No one likes my flying purple people eater or my super shiny new rounds that I made all super duper shiny, just for you guys...esp. Wiersy. Crying or Very sad

Fine- no more super shiny stuff for y'all. Back to grungy reloads and I'll save 3 hours a session...tumbler goes back in the closet for another two years till I see it again, if ever. Pullin' the batteries from the purple dood too and those are going back in the remote. No more happy super shiny reloads dance! Ever! Nananana

I hate picke'n them dang flash holes clean of kitty litter anyways, what a freakin pain... Mad

#233: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:07 pm
    ----
Well, did you use citric acid to descale the brass?
maybe that would help.. extra shiny Smile Smile

#234: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm
    ----
Too many jokes must have pushed your post off the top-30 page!

Impressive, stovepipe. However, I'm a function guy to the core. You don't have to shine your brass for me. Save your time for other important things in life.

#235: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 pm
    ----
Thems shiny things is very pretty Stovey...very pretty indeedy.

Now, as fer that purple people chomper type critter...he was probably gittin' a might uncomfortable wiv them batteries shoved up his clacker anywayz mate, so ya probably did the little dood a favour.

Cheers, Vince

#236: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 am
    ----
Ok, Vince. I'm enjoying learning all the variations between American and Austrailian English (like in your post above).

Are you sure you spelled "batteries" correctly, mate?

Ah, its a wee bit early this morning, but I've got to get crackin!

#237: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 am
    ----
One of the reloading manuals (I forget which) warns that case lube residue on brass can prevent the case from sticking to the chamber walls the way it should when the case expands. Evidence of this (according to the manual) is cratered primers and inconsistent velocities.

Maybe you better keep the tumbler out, after all.

#238: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 am
    ----
Vince wrote:

Now, as fer that purple people chomper type critter...he was probably gittin' a might uncomfortable wiv them batteries shoved up his clacker anywayz mate, so ya probably did the little dood a favour.

Cheers, Vince

"clacker"... Laughing
Vince- always there with chuckle at the ready. Cool

Marty- tumbler's put away....for good, harumph!
Only thing I lube aint getting stuck in a gun.

#239: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:05 pm
    ----
Girlfriend arriving?

#240: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:23 pm
    ----
Yepper.

Made me a BLT Sunday after trap shooting to die for. I mean it was PERFECT. Bacon was crisp and not burnt, even had some kinda special dressing on it. I ended up having three of these mosters.

Homemade chicken-tortilla soup night befor, after pistol shootin'....and, she picks up my brass for me.

Life is GOOD. *burrrrrrp*

Hey Wiresy! SHINY SHINY SHINY!!! Razz

-> Reloading Ammunition