Reloading Bench Mess
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 pm
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:

I use old canvas coin bags as dust covers for my press and powder measure. They also make pretty good sandbags for the shootin' bench. Since banks don't use 'em much anymore, they'll usually give 'em to ya if ya ask.

Hey me too!! went to my bank a few years ago to change coins for my shop,
they gave me a few of them canvas bags and tell me to keep them.
Now they ended up used as covers for my presses and lyman sizer.
Neat stuff and fit very nicely too.

Very nice and neat bench Mr Bush..
Some people say that clean desk is sign of empty ... ahum.. err

#17: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:32 pm
    ----
Aah..Why thank you gelandangan...But if you think I'm going to post a messy loading bench on here. You're nuttier then I thought. I would never hear the end of it. I'm sure... Very Happy

Cleaned up for photo op...

#18: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:24 pm
    ----
Bushy what is bolted to the front edge of the bench between the trimmer and press?

#19: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:32 pm
    ----
That is a 1 1/2" X 11" piece of aluminum angle. Drilled to except my resizing/decapping dies. I resize, decap and prime all cases on the single stage press.

I reload all rifle cases on the single stage press too. Revolver and pistol cases are reloaded on the turret.

All cases are tumbled, resized/decapped, measured, trimed (if needed) and tumbled [again] before they are reloaded.

The piece of aluminum angle keeps the resizing dies handy...

#20: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm
    ----
That's a hell of a good idea. I have always hated digging through the pile of die boxes to get to the one I need which always happens to be the bottom one. I hope you didn't patent that cuz I am going to make me one. Thanks.

#21: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:58 pm
    ----
Not a problem...I also drilled a small hole to hold my primer pocket cleaner. That's the throttle/choke pull handle you see hanging at the right side between the press and the last die.

#22: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:20 pm
    ----
I made a similar unit for storing my cleaning rods.

#23: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:17 pm
    ----
And some photos of my bench:

#24: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 pm
    ----
Bushmaster, are those LPs below your dies?

#25: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm
    ----
So organized I'm jealous. I have rapidly out grown my bench, time to contemplate a new one.

#26: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Bushmaster, are those LPs below your dies?

I wasn't gonna ask...

I noticed 'em too...

#27: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:08 pm
    ----
Absolutely. This is my "man Cave" you know.

Oposit the loading bench...Pioneer CT-40 Cassett deck, United Audio Dual 1229 turntable, Pioneer RT-707 real to reel, Sony SQR-6750 SQ Quadraphonic receiver and four Polk Audio R-15 speakers. Small room, small speakers...Not to mention a closet full of tapes. All 1800 foot with 5 to 7 albums each...Did I miss anything?

#28: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Absolutely. This is my "man Cave" you know.

Oposit the loading bench...Pioneer CT-40 Cassett deck, United Audio Dual 1229 turntable, Pioneer RT-707 real to reel, Sony SQR-6750 SQ Quadraphonic receiver and four Polk Audio R-15 speakers. Small room, small speakers...Not to mention a closet full of tapes. All 1800 foot with 5 to 7 albums each...Did I miss anything?

Yeah....

The elevator to the 21st Century... Very Happy

#29: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:24 pm
    ----
I'm very sorry guys. With all my other ailments [horses, hunting, fishing, reloading, shooting, camping and hiking] I forgot to tell you that I have a mental disease...I'm an admited Quadraphile.

I once had a rather large system, but I was forced to reduce it in size. I still have the Teac 4010 SU and the Sony SQD-2020 stored.

Last edited by Bushmaster on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#30: Re: Reloading Bench Mess Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 pm
    ----
Can you spell that with out spell check?????

-> Reloading Ammunition