Lenovo ... warranty work ...
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Lenovo ... warranty work ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:14 pm
    ----
So I called them over a month ago now to get my laptop fixed, since I did not need it cause I have been too busy running around I have not thought much of the delay.

Well today I decided I had enough, oddly enough the first day I have thought about it since I spent a hour and a half on the phone trying to get the work done.

Ended up taking apart the laptop and I fixed it myself. It was a 30 second fix by the way. Apparently the AC adapter plug's center pole was snapped. Considering it snapped on the top area, I got no idea what would cause that other then shoddy assembly to begin with, if it was in the center sure I may have forced it, but it has 4 solder pads on the casing that appear to be alright. So I'm going to say a defect from the factory.

Anyways here it is (sorry bad picture never been good at close ups and I didn't turn on any extra lighting as you can see):

And now its finally charging after over a month of being unable to charge it.

I am posting from the laptop right now. Evil or Very Mad

Dimitri

#2: Re: Lenovo ... warranty work ... Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:54 pm
    ----
Good to see ya back up and runnin D. Very Happy
Joe

#3: Re: Lenovo ... warranty work ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 pm
    ----
Thanks Joe, luckily I have a desktop so the loss of the laptop was not bad and I was still around. Smile

Just been too busy to keep my post count up.

Dimitri

-> Spam-O-Rama