first deer with x-bow/bow
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#1: first deer with x-bow/bow Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:02 pm
    ----
I haven't posted in some time but I thought I should post this since I talked to you folks about getting a x-bow. By the way NJ has allowed their use for all hunters for the 1st time this year.

My brother and some friends have a cabin in western MD, Garret County, and invited me to take may wife there so we took him up on it. Got there on a Sunday and he was in the area for work on Monday so he brought out a 50# bag of corn since you can bait on private property in MD. I got my first deer with a x-bow 2 days later. A small rack 6 pt mountain deer. I was so cranked I thought I must have missed him. Turned out to be a through and through, double lung at about 32 yds. He didn't go far. My wife is happy. Venison is in the freezer. Now I need to bring some down to my brother to say thanks.

Thanks to all the guys here who have been a big help through the years.

#2: Re: first deer with x-bow/bow Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:08 am
    ----
Well done Bob...a through and through at 32 yards...that thing must have some power mate.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: first deer with x-bow/bow Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:11 am
    ----
Right On Bob Congrats . Xbows Rock Very Happy Great Deer.

Joe

#4: Re: first deer with x-bow/bow Author: GrumulkinLocation: Central Ohio PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 am
    ----
I got my first deer by bow this year as well. You can read about it here if you like.

Deer Hunting the Hard Way

#5: Re: first deer with x-bow/bow Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm
    ----
Good job Bob!!

Welcome to the (ever expanding) x-bow family!!

#6: Re: first deer with x-bow/bow Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:58 pm
    ----
Thanks guys. Those x-bows are great.

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting