New Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .45acp
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: New Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .45acp Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:47 pm
    ----
Picked up a new Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .45acp tonight. This is their new Stainless and black slide version which comes not with their usual straight eight sights, but rather a three dot set up with a serrated face which I'm more used to and so prefer. I would rather see larger dots, but these will work. The DA trigger pull is very smooth at 7 1/2#s and the SA has a long take up but breaks nicely at 5#s. I'm a large guy, but the grip fits me just fine, much better than a Glock, but not quite as nice as my S+W M+P 9. I appreciate the hooked trigger guard for a two hand hold. Empty magazines drop free as they should. I disassembled and reassembled without a catch, a very straight forward operation. The slide fits tight and the barrel ramp is polished up to a mirror finish. The action was filthy so it got a good cleaning. I have a Don Hume holster on order through gunnersalley for this pistol.
So far I couldn't be happier with the looks and function of the gun. Now all I need some serious range time! Here's a stock photo 'til I get some photos of my own.
Don

#2: Re: New Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .45acp Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:41 pm
    ----
Congrats on the new addition!!!

#3: Re: New Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .45acp Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:01 pm
    ----
OOOOHHHH pretty, now I'm jealous. I've looked at them a few times, very nice gun I love the two tone.

#4: Re: New Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in .45acp Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:22 pm
    ----
Thanks guys! I still haven't gotten to the range, the weather around here has been atrocious with back to back storms including some early snow and sleet.
Don

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions