The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 42, 43, 44  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#421: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:59 pm
    ----
Fair call mate...can't argue with those sentiments. Easing SWMBO into shooting, and building the arsenal are both great plans.

Cheers, Vince

#422: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:20 am
    ----
Vince, I figure a .380 Auto beats hand-to-hand any time! I've been carrying a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace laser in my pocket a lot recently. Its capable of 1" groups at 10 yards or so.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP

#423: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 am
    ----
XD's are awesome. Great trigger, action, memory bump grip safety. Can't go wrong. They run like Glock's too- forever. I know some that carry same for duty weapons. And much like a Glock they are utilitairian. Nothin' fancy just soild and dead nuts reliable with a long grip for large hands, small hands work too. The M's are marginally better with a few more options but- either or....and with 13 flyin' ashtray's what's not too like? If ya can't stop it with that don't call me cuz I don't want your problem!

#424: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: tjparker_81Location: Aiken, South Carloina PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:16 am
    ----
I really want the XD 45 but after seeing the thread on the custom grips I need a 1911 now..........
I have been wanting one anyway.

#425: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 am
    ----
Get BOTH!

#426: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: tjparker_81Location: Aiken, South Carloina PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 am
    ----
I think that is the plan. Any recommendations of model for a 1911?

#427: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:36 am
    ----
SA, Colt, Kimber, Wilson...take yer pic!

Mine's a Colt Govt, with a few Wilson bolt on goodies, Mil-Tac G10 grips, rail and light, Novac's with Triji inserts, dehorned, shot peened, mostly Colt though....got less than a grand invested.

#428: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 am
    ----
Don't forget the Ruger sr1911, as an entry level gun it seems ok, trigger seems a little sloppy thou, no comparison to my springfield 1911.

#429: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:29 pm
    ----
Man they are all really good now....SA, the Ruger, I'd say pick one. Springfield Armory is really REALLY ahrd to beat for the price and that would be my first choice. The Ruger is sweet and the new kid on the block if you like shiny guns (Wiersy) I prefer matte dark something or blued. Nuttin beats the single action trigger...Slimjim picked mine up never seen it before and started killing with it right out of the gate....

#430: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 pm
    ----
Oh and dont rule out Norinco and Rock Island either....either are geat values and solid shooters.

#431: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: tjparker_81Location: Aiken, South Carloina PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm
    ----
OOOOoooohhhhhh..... Shiny!!!

Ruger SR1911

#432: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: tjparker_81Location: Aiken, South Carloina PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am
    ----
I was looking at the Kimber 1911's as well. I really like the Raptors. That will be a long term goal though. A little pricy.

#433: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:02 pm
    ----
Premium guns always is....I've shot and handled both the Norinco's and RI's and they shoot really well. The Rock Island Amory's don't have the level of polish the premium's do but man they are tough and ran well with a variety of JHP. And the price was outstanding as you can get a 1911 type action/trigger for the price of a poly DA/SA DAO etc. Ya wont score any points with the big $$ snobs at the range, I get scoffs as mine rattles like a can of nuts, but it shoots and never stops, even when I lost a grip panel from a failed screw (Slim knows lol!.....grip screw thing was totally my fault- I modified it it failed... Mad ).

#434: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:40 am
    ----
STI........ that's all that needs to be said !!!

#435: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 am
    ----
I was wondering when you were gonna chime in!

Those are a SWEET line of race shooters too....

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions