The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#316: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:32 pm
    ----
The extended magazine release is there so I won't forget where I put it. Besides I tend to use both thumbs forward. Right thumb resting under the safety and left thumb resting above the extention (smallish hands). Haven't inadvertently dropped a magazine yet. All the extra (silver colored parts) are Wilson. Including the magazine well.

Glad you like my wife's choice. She picked it out and I put forth the cash and fodder.

Sooo...Ya still need to cover them legs...You'll scare the little girls...Not to mention the laughs you must get from the big girls...

70's stereo (Quadraphonic) system stays here. I will not give up my music to CD's...I refuse. Mad

#317: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
70's stereo (Quadraphonic) system stays here. I will not give up my music to CD's...I refuse. Mad
Glad I ain't the only one to favor vinyl over digital.

This is my Wurlitzer 2150.

#318: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 pm
    ----
Now that's one hell of a piggy bank, Omini...

#319: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:30 pm
    ----
Stovey those ruskies of yours sure do look good.
they dont cost a lot and are reliable as heck.

#320: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 am
    ----
Good morning Mr. Bushy! Coffee ready? And, let's leave legs outta this, mkay? I thought them shiny bits look Wilsony. Good call, we have something in common. Who's mag's ya like? I like Wilsons and McCormicks. Two very different schools of thought but both get the job done. I use the Wilson's for indoor stuff and plinking and the McCormicks for training due to the all metal costruction and low cost (I get LEO deals). I'm also using both hands to type for the first time so- I'm trying to improve my penmanship, just for yooooooou.

Elvis- great shooters think alike. You and I know them Baikals are the best kept secret in shotgunning and proof positive ya dont need to spend a ton to get the job done. Everyone I've ever picked up patterns dead on @ 30y. Very well regulated. Never had a malfunction in either. Not bad for under 200$. You can get their o/u here for under 350$ if you shop around at times!

#321: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:02 am
    ----
All my magazines for the .45 are Wilson.

And Yup...three cups into a great day. My shipment from Midway comes in today. Missouri bullet shipment should be in tomorrow.

#322: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 am
    ----
Happy Day!

Did Lady Bushmaster run the .380 in yet? I'd looking forward to that if I was her. An outstanding pistol for the price point. Very impressed with Bersa.

#323: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 am
    ----
Stove, do you know that a 1 trigger double barrel Baikal will shoot the second barrel first after you pushed the trigger to the front?. When you don't shoot and want to exchange again, you just open the gun and it's done. My friend was shooting double barrel Baikals for maybe 20 years and he recently discovered that trick.

#324: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 am
    ----
Not yet, but soon...My range isn't set up for semi-auto pistols in that I can't find the brass. So until I can set it up with a brass trap my range is relagated to revolvers only.

Will be using a friends range, which works out real good for her as her friend also carries a Bersa .380...They can shoot together.

#325: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 am
    ----
I believe you are correct, Aloy. I think they also have a set screw in the action so you can swap which fires first as well if I recall correctly. I never had a double Baikal personally. Doubles really aint my forte, I'm primarily a pump man....semi-auto secondly.

On our singles you can select lifter or ejector after the shot by flicking the tang under the reciever before cracking open. Makes it nice for saving hulls and keeps the range tidy. Super convenient and easy to use, flick that then with the same finger crack it open with the "trigger" behind the guard, it all happens on the bottom. Great guns. I've actually taken my 12ga upland hunting just for kicks. It swings great with that long barrel, pretty light for a big 12 SC model. It needed some weight in the stock for trap, way to light for same. MC stock was kinda weird in the field, slapped me a couple times muffing the mount...ouch. Embarassed Laughing I've got my 20ga weighing 9.5#'s now so it shoots well all day on the line and that big Pachmayer pad helps too.

Last edited by stovepipe on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#326: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Will be using a friends range, which works out real good for her as her friend also carries a Bersa .380...They can shoot together.

Very cool....let us know how it goes!

#327: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Not yet, but soon...My range isn't set up for semi-auto pistols in that I can't find the brass. So until I can set it up with a brass trap my range is relagated to revolvers only.

Two poly tarps will solve that problem for you mate...one vertical, as high as it needs to be, to stop the flight of the case and one under it on the ground to collect the case. You could most likely get away with two 3m x3m tarps or a big 6m x 4m. Cheap as chips, simple and easy mate. Also can be used for other jobs.

Cheers, Vince

#328: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:51 pm
    ----
[b]OOPS he did it again!

There was a Try before you buy gun show this weekend my boy had a rough weekend with his buddies so I left before he got home. It was pretty cold so mama wiersy lost interest rather quickly and wanted to go home. When the boy got home we decided to go back. The second trip was way more fun, we got up on the line and played with some pretty nice toys. My son has wanted an XDm for a while now, and when he got to shoot one it was all over. The salesman made an offer that we just couldn't walk away from. They only had one .45acp left but it wasn't stainless but we figured for the price we could live with one ugly gun. Very Happy Very Happy

#329: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:59 pm
    ----
Yer right, it is ugly and has no business in yer shiny vault.

Send it to meeeeee!

Congrats on an awesome shooter!

#330: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:18 pm
    ----
Wow, holster, hat, and clock too!! Nice, very nice!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions