The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 42, 43, 44  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#211: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:22 am
    ----
We broke it in last night. It's AWESOME. It handles and opperates so much like a 1911 it's scary. I can opperate it blindfolded, literally.

Came with 2 stainless mags with integral load-assiters.

Shoots to point of aim at 10-15Y. LadyStovepipe killed with it too. Using bulk ammo we put about 150 rounds through it.
The trigger is good with a little take up but it clean and resets fast. Double-taps are a hoot and running the mag out is controlable- and will get you in trouble in some places...

#212: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:47 am
    ----
Sheshooter- first timer...

#213: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am
    ----
nice group, her first try!

#214: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:02 am
    ----
happy happy! too much fun with someone elses shooter...

#215: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:06 am
    ----
DON'T MESS WITH STOVEY!!! Shocked ....this lil thing is a tack-driver. Later, I cut a hole in a scrap piece of 4x4" target with a .44m case, @ 10y if I do my part the rounds will kiss the edges or go right on through, even with my shakey grip!

#216: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:32 pm
    ----
Lookin' good Stovey...so is Mrs Stovey too mate.

Maybe you made a mistook teachin' her to shoot like that mate...just don't ever give her a reason to make your wee pink bum the target...looks like she wouldn't miss. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#217: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: cbsweeneyLocation: New York PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:12 am
    ----
I found a great deal at a local gun shop, and couldn't resist. It's a Savage 12 FV in 223. The salesman said it has been there for over a year, and he wanted to get rid of it, and would take 10% off if I paid cash. I got it for $350. It has the Acutrigger, but not the new Acustock. I put a BSA 4-16 Mil-dot scope on it, and headed out to get it sighted in. I thought it shot pretty well for brand new gun. To break-in the barrel I cleaned it after every 5 shots for the first 50, and then again when I was done for the day. After sighting-in I tried a couple different loads I had for my AR, and Mini-14 and found 2 that worked pretty well. At least I have something to start with.

#218: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 am
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
nice group, her first try!

Wow! She is a Natural! Most can't do that well after lots of practice.

#219: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:59 am
    ----
cbsweeney wrote:
I found a great deal at a local gun shop, and couldn't resist. It's a Savage 12 FV in 223.

Great looking rifle cbs! Right out of the box shooting 1/2 MOA, that's more than just a place to start.

#220: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:27 pm
    ----
Stovey!!! You 2 are way too cute!! But like Vince says....don't give her any lip! She's so cute, she'd never.....well...probably not. I was never any good with a 22 semi-auto Ruger Mark ll (I think that's what it was) Sold it right away. I have a Glock 40S&W that I can handle just fine. Don't know why that is, I have small hands. It's great to find something that works so good.

CbSweeneY!! Nice score on the Savage! What a great price! I have a Savage 30-06 that shoots wonderfully. I'm a sucker for a Savage now.....somehow that sounds funny...

Suz

#221: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:38 pm
    ----
Love the little Ruger semi auto .22 pistols. I had a very early model Ruger Mk1 in .22 rimfire...not exactly a tack driver...but big headed nails were in trouble. Taught my daughters to shoot pistols using that gun...they near cried, as did I, when I handed it in to the aussie Govt. At least they gave me good money for it though.

Yer right Suz...they are a real cute couple....I'm wonderin' what hidden asset Stovey's got to attract a cutie like Mrs Stovey.

Youy like Savages Suz...how about mountain men...Savage and mountain men seems to fit together just about right from where I'm sittin'. Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#222: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Author: cbsweeneyLocation: New York PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:31 am
    ----
Thanks Suz,
I have another savage in .308 that I use for deer hunting. I guess I'm a sucker for Savages too.... It sounds worse when I say it.

#223: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 am
    ----
My 30-06 doesn't have the accutrigger thingy-ma-job but has a nice crisp trigger anyway. That trigger, the accuracy of the rifle, and it seems lite weight, are the selling points for me. I think a Savage would be a nice action to build on, if I could find a cheap donor rifle. HERE's a little article on it. Makes you want to try something....like...well I don't the money.

HEY Stovey's Other!! Now ya gotta get him to buy you a rifle!!

Suz

Last edited by Suzanne on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

#224: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
Love the little Ruger semi auto .22 pistols. I had a very early model Ruger Mk1 in .22 rimfire...not exactly a tack driver...but big headed nails were in trouble. Taught my daughters to shoot pistols using that gun...they near cried, as did I, when I handed it in to the aussie Govt. At least they gave me good money for it though.

That really is a cryin' shame, Vince !! Makes you about mad enough to bite the heads off those big nails.

#225: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:46 pm
    ----
44marty wrote:
Vince wrote:

That really is a cryin' shame, Vince !! Makes you about mad enough to bite the heads off those big nails.

Ain't that the truth mate...and it is only getting worse. I have just received an email that outlines over 400 changes to the Weapons Act and Regulations here in Queensland. Worst part about it is, they give the public a month to make a submission, then hide the details away on an obscure website. Oh yeah, and they don't need to put changes to the Regulations before the Govt...the Police Commissioner can authorise the changes suggested by his "staff" !!! They then become law !!!

Cheers, Vince

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions