William Tell
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#1: William Tell Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 pm
    ----
While practicing with the Wife's Horton Yukon (my back-up bow) today, I heard the familiar arrow-on-arrow sound that usually means fletching and/or nock replacement. I guess I need to replace both....

#2: Re: William Tell Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:57 pm
    ----
Good pics!!! But can you do it again, on purpose?

#3: Re: William Tell Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 pm
    ----
Wow.. its like winning a lottery!!

#4: Re: William Tell Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 am
    ----
You can't get better grouping then that!

#5: Re: William Tell Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 am
    ----
That first arrow would be pretty well knackered wouldnit it HJ?

I can't imagine that the second arrow would pass into the first without causing some sort of grief.

Apart from that mate...well done, a damn fine shot....which of course you "aimed for"...yeah. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: William Tell Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:46 am
    ----
I saw this episode of Mythbusters a night or so ago and they tried a million times, even from a rest and they still could not do it!

Great shot. That one's a keeper and ya oughtta send them some pics of it over to Mythbusters and see what they say!

#7: Re: William Tell Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:09 am
    ----
Ooooh it can be done alright !!! My dad has done it multiple times over the years with an old wheel bow !!!

#8: Re: William Tell Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:42 pm
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
I saw this episode of Mythbusters a night or so ago and they tried a million times, even from a rest and they still could not do it!

Great shot. That one's a keeper and ya oughtta send them some pics of it over to Mythbusters and see what they say!

I saw that episode a while back. If my memory serves me correctly (prolly not, I have an extreme case of CRS), they were attempting it with wood arrows and hunting tips, not hollow aluminum tubes with field points.

I've been accused of "faking" it. Even if I bothered to try, I don't think I could cram one arrow that far inside another one without breaking one of 'em. One guy even wanted to pull 'em apart to try and figger out how I got them stuck together.

#9: Re: William Tell Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:46 pm
    ----
A friend of mine done that to one of my alum arrows once. Ruined a good arrow. I think he still has it. Smile

#10: Re: William Tell Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:18 pm
    ----
If you practice enough it will happen a fair bit.
I've stopped watching (though never really started watching) that show.
Call me old fashioned or call me homophobic,
there is just something wrong there.
There is no credability in the way they go about things,
let alone the decisions they come up with.
end rant.

#11: Re: William Tell Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:25 am
    ----
hunterjoe21 wrote:
I saw that episode a while back. If my memory serves me correctly (prolly not, I have an extreme case of CRS), they were attempting it with wood arrows and hunting tips, not hollow aluminum tubes with field points.

I've been accused of "faking" it. Even if I bothered to try, I don't think I could cram one arrow that far inside another one without breaking one of 'em. One guy even wanted to pull 'em apart to try and figger out how I got them stuck together.

Yep- them was wooden arrows. Let the hozers scoff. Ya shoot long enough and you'll Robin Hood one or bust some nocks.

And tika makes a point too... some of them episodes are kinda...hmmm.

Good shot none the less. That's a wall-hanger for sure! Cool

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting