Camel burger anyone?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 am
    ----
Are you going to hunt HIS camel .Smart person .

#32: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:51 am
    ----
Back of Bourke in May- June,
Stupid me gets out of the car and starts walking towards the thing taking a photo every 10 steps.
I should have just switched the thing to movie mode.

I have a funny vid of a pig charge (small sow but boy she has balls)
The file is to large to up load here (I don't know how)
If I could email to someone then perhaps they could do the honours.
Working up North this weekend won't be responding for a couple of days.

#33: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:08 am
    ----
Vince and Tik,

I just figured that the hog deer listing was a type-o. Or.........something similar to a jackalope.

Cary

#34: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 am
    ----
Cary, it could be a REALLY BIG deer!

#35: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:07 am
    ----
PS,

It would be really great if they also tasted like pork! Talk about wild game heaven!!

Cary

#36: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:22 pm
    ----
Rum run......... works for me

#37: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:09 pm
    ----
wtf I’m thinking any type alcohol run would be ok with you !!! Psst..... Don’t forget me.....I’ll ride shotgun!!! Very Happy

#38: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    ----
Well........ you're pretty much right there. But I get shotgun ..... I probably won't be in any shape to drive.

#39: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 am
    ----
OntheLasGallinas wrote:
It would be really great if they also tasted like pork! Talk about wild game heaven!!

If camel really did tasted like pork ... anyone wants to get into camel farming? Confused Sell it at supermarkets as "Kosher Pork" would be the only ones doing it. Could probably make a small fortune. Wink

Dimitri

#40: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:15 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:

In the Northern Territory, the following species are classified as feral and can be taken any time. The following animals have been declared pests.

* Feral cat

Cheers, Vince

Awesome! Very Happy

I'm moving.

Razz

#41: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:18 pm
    ----
Cary,
Wiki is your friend
Hog Deer are a small species of deer

#42: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:32 pm
    ----
Well, there ya go...who says ya can't learn something new every day.

Hog Deer

Whereabouts do you find these Tikks? Can't say I've ever seen one.

Cheers, Vince

#43: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 am
    ----
Coastal Victoria and Southern NSW Vince,
Very limited seaon by tags in both states
Secret handshake and such to find.

#44: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:37 am
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
Coastal Victoria and Southern NSW Vince,
Very limited seaon by tags in both states
Secret handshake and such to find.

Ahhhh, ok. Thanks mate.

Sounds like the ADA (Australian Deer Association) has a hand in it.

I think that , eventually, deer hunting in Australia will become a very elitist sport/activity, as it almost has in Tasmania. This, I believe, is due to the actions of the ADA.

OK...I'm off me soapbox now.

Cheers, Vince

#45: Re: Camel burger anyone? Author: WickyLocation: Alice Springs, Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 pm
    ----
It's been a while since I have visited the forum so sorry I am so late with comments.
It will cost you around $8000 Aus to become accredited to shoot camels from the choppers, then you have to supply your own fire arm, I think they were talking M14's or something as they don't spit brass into the rotor, cost around $3000+.
The logistics will absolutely drain their budget. They will not be ducking out from Alice Springs and shooting they will need to move around the country and we have some pretty disgusting bush 'roads'.
As with most of the culls that the government runs around here, last big one was donkeys in the Barkly, we will be able to go out a week after they have finished and shoot all the wounded animals.
Yep, I have great faith in these peoples ability.
Time will tell, I would like to be proved wrong, also seeing as camels are about all there are left to shoot in the centre I am a bit selfish about the properties I hunt and don't want to share with cowboys!

-> General