AR Thread!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#61: Re: AR Thread!! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info!

#62: Re: AR Thread!! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm
    ----
Went and picked up my stripped DPMS lower today Very Happy . Also got a DPMS lower parts kit and a magpul enhanced trigger guard Very Happy . Insatlled the parts this afternoon all I need is a stock to complete the lower I'm thinkin about RRA Operator A2 Stock www.rockriverarms.com/...ory_id=392 . This will be the lower for my RRA Predator Pursuit Upper Half thats on order Very Happy
Joe

#63: Re: AR Thread!! Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm
    ----
I like the way the battery wells are covered by the butt plage and not exposed to the open. Looks like you will get a good check weld. Suprized to see the mil-spec buffer tube was $20 more than the commercial size!?!

#64: Re: AR Thread!! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:33 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
I like the way the battery wells are covered by the butt plage and not exposed to the open. Looks like you will get a good check weld. Suprized to see the mil-spec buffer tube was $20 more than the commercial size!?!

I noticed that as well I want to go with the fixed model. I agree it looks like it would get a great cheek weld.
Joe

#65: Re: AR Thread!! Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:07 pm
    ----
Got to the range today. Sun was shining, not too much wind, and no one else was there. So I grabbed my AR, bolted my 3-9x on in place of the 1.5x, and went to the 250 yard range and shot the Fiocchi 69gr MatchKings I just got.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this!!

Again, this is 250 yards! Think I'll go buy some more!!

Last edited by slimjim on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

#66: Re: AR Thread!! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:19 pm
    ----
My 20 Inch Predator Pursuit Upper Half came in today Very Happy It's nice. Now if I could find out the status of the stock I will be in good shape . Ordered the RRA Operator A2 Stock last sunday and haven't heard a thing since Confused got a order comfimation number when I ordered it but that was five days ago I sent a Email hopfully I will find out monday.

#67: Re: AR Thread!! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 pm
    ----
Cleaned it up and put the scope on. I put it on my Colt lower for now. I hopfully will shoot it next weekend Very Happy I want to see what it will do Very Happy

#68: Re: AR Thread!! Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:13 pm
    ----
Looks good! Now I'm going to have to resist getting one!

#69: Re: AR Thread!! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 pm
    ----
Lokkin' good Joe...almost time to get out there and bust some caps mate.

Cheers, Vince

#70: Re: AR Thread!! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
almost time to get out there and bust some caps mate.

Cheers, Vince

Yes it is Vince Very Happy snows melting away it's startin to warm up a little . Gettin the itch Very Happy

Joe

#71: Re: AR Thread!! Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 am
    ----
Looking good Joe! I have the itch myself, went out to the shop last night and loaded up some experimental ammo for my AR with some SIerra 40gr HP Varminter's. kinda want to get out and touch em off and see what they will do. Im a huge sierra fan so i have no doubt they will perform well If the right combination is found.

#72: Re: AR Thread!! Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 am
    ----
Ya Im gonna load some of the 65 grain Gamekings this week Very Happy

#73: Re: AR Thread!! Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 pm
    ----
I'm getting some Berger 70gr VLDs. Since I had good performance from 69gr MatchKings, I thought I'd try a bullet that might work well outside of 300 yards.

#74: Re: AR Thread!! Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 pm
    ----
WE got a little snow in Seattle today...
Nothing stuck to the ground so it was nice watching the big flakes come down for the 20 -30 minutes it lasted. The outside temp was 43 F while the snow was falling???!

#75: Re: AR Thread!! Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 pm
    ----
PaulS wrote:
WE got a little snow in Seattle today...
Nothing stuck to the ground so it was nice watching the big flakes come down for the 20 -30 minutes it lasted. The outside temp was 43 F while the snow was falling???!

Sounds like "climate change" to me...

Someone better call Al Gore....

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions