Grilled Duck
-> Recipes

#1: Grilled Duck Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 pm
    ----
A couple of years ago in the quest to find a recipe for duck and goose that my wife would eat I stumbled across Hunters Choice Marinade. My kids were working at the AKC hunt tests and brought me a doggie bag from the cookout they have at the end of the weekend. It was the best duck I have ever eaten. One of the guys that runs the hunt test developed the marinade to use the birds at the hunt test.
All I do is bone the breasts and pull the legs when done there is virtually no meat left on the skeleton. I use 4 or 5 ducks depending on size. I cut the breast into strips and fill a gallon ziplock bag with the meat and pour in the marinade. I usually knead the bag for about 10 minutes and let it sit for at least a couple hours. I prefer overnight. I put the strips on the grill and just keep turning until cooked to perfection. Generally when I grill duck it disappears as fast as it comes off. Are a couple of different marinades including a hot and spicy witch does get a tad warm when eating, but beer goes really good with this marinade.
It goes great on all wild game not only ducks I have tasted it on elk, antelope, bear, pheasant, chukar, to name a few.

www.hunterschoicemarinade.com/ Misc Cheers

#2: Re: Grilled Duck Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:05 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
It goes great on all wild game not only ducks I have tasted it on elk, antelope, bear, pheasant, chukar, to name a few.

www.hunterschoicemarinade.com/ Misc Cheers

Good greif that's a grille full. Shocked

I'm movin' to Mn. and bringin' some beers, a 12ga. and a bib *drool* Very Happy

#3: Re: Grilled Duck Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:05 pm
    ----
My kids work at the AKC hunt tests so they get invited to a banquet every year. Professional cooks doing things with wild game that is unbelievable.

Now I'm hungry!!!!

#4: Re: Grilled Duck Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:05 am
    ----
We aint got nothin' like that out here.

You guys got it pretty good out there, in Real America.

Race ya to the chow line!

#5: Re: Grilled Duck Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:03 pm
    ----
I love the redneck way of life. No chow line here.

#6: Re: Grilled Duck Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:05 pm
    ----
Then I'll race ya to the cooler!

#7: Re: Grilled Duck Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm
    ----
For safety reasons would recommend not getting in the way.

#8: Re: Grilled Duck Author: jasy77777 PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:20 am
    ----
THE GOOD RECIPE I TOO PICKLE THE DUCK BUT I ADD MANY ONIONS AND GARLIC THEY INTERRUPT THE SMELL AND VERY MUCH EVEN MY FAMILY EATS WELL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-> Recipes