I need your opinions
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#151: Re: I need your opinions Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:36 am
    ----
Hey...Anyone see Vince lately? I figured he's have weighed in by now...

#152: Re: I need your opinions Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm
    ----
stovepipe wrote:
I just noticed I said finger nail polish twice in the same thread.

Yikes.
It would appear like we are heading down the cross dressing path again. wtf
If everyone is so confident in point shooting why not just grind the sites off.

They can call it a GI sight but I haven't encountered that particular type of site in my almost 20 years of shooting military weapons. Confused

#153: Re: I need your opinions Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:03 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Hey...Anyone see Vince lately? I figured he's have weighed in by now...

wtf You trying to jack this thread or just change the subject ??? Laughing Poke

#154: Re: I need your opinions Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09 pm
    ----
I'm gonna go with change the subject. Bushy is either looking for a beer or trying to stay out of the "fingernail polish" spot light. ROFL Haha

#155: Re: I need your opinions Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm
    ----
Somebody say beer !!! Nuts

#156: Re: I need your opinions Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:19 pm
    ----
B double E double R un The Wave Cheers Party

#157: Re: I need your opinions Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 pm
    ----
Yeah, he probably had enough razzin about wanting to see more pics of young Whittling in the cowgirl hat, boots and bluejean skirt.

Oh yeah I almost forgot...BEER!!! Cheers

#158: Re: I need your opinions Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:42 am
    ----
GI Sight as in the same sights the M1911's were originally issued with.

As for grinding the sights, that would work on a smaller pistol, one your only expecting to sneak behind your target and shoot them in the back or similar. Shocked

Dimitri

#159: Re: I need your opinions Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:51 am
    ----
Big D...Some manufacturers have revolvers and pistols that have either very diminitive sights or no sights at all for concealed carry...

In my opinion a handgun for self defense must have at least a front sight...

Aah........Found it......A beer that is....

#160: Re: I need your opinions Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:20 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
GI Sight as in the same sights the M1911's were originally issued with.

As for grinding the sights, that would work on a smaller pistol, one your only expecting to sneak behind your target and shoot them in the back or similar. Shocked

Dimitri

I don't know what year the original 1911 side arm I carried on active duty was manufactured but I do know it didn't have sites like this on it. Then we transitioned to the Beretta M9 which also had modest but usable sights.

As for the comment about grinding off the sights I have heard from several people the the are more comfortable with the point and shoot method then actually using sites. I also utilize the point and shoot method but I don't rely on it. There is no substitute for a decent site.

#161: Re: I need your opinions Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am
    ----

Dimitri

#162: Re: I need your opinions Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm
    ----
So are you trying to tell me that this is the weapon I carried? I didn't have sights like these. They weren't much better but still not the same.

#163: Re: I need your opinions Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:31 pm
    ----
wtf You don't know what you were carrying!!!

#164: Re: I need your opinions Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 pm
    ----
Yes I know exactly what I was carrying , qualifying, cleaning, and living with. Hell if I think hard enough I can probably remember the serial number. That is my smart a$$ way of saying that is not the same variant I carried.

#165: Re: I need your opinions Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:04 pm
    ----
Poke

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions