Tryin to find, Need help
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Tryin to find, Need help Author: torasperryLocation: Medina, Tennessee PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:26 am
    ----
Just lookin for a AR based 22-250 Rifle, I know it would have to be a longer
reciever, But I cannot find anyone who makes one!
Don't know if it has ever been tried!
Any help would be appreciated!

E-mail: bob @ predatorquest.com

Thanks

#2: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 am
    ----
I know they make a variety of short action cartridges available on the AR10 platform !!! (stronger version of the AR15)

Don't recall ever seeing 22-250 listed though.

#3: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:19 pm
    ----
Have you looked at DPMS???

www.dpmsinc.com/

#4: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 am
    ----
The 22-250 would work in a AR10/SR25 type rifle as the case head is the same as the 308Win, however it would be a custom made barrel for the job, may suffer from feed issues from the magazines and the feed ramps. I dont think there is a production rifle in this caliber.

Dimitri

#5: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:34 am
    ----
Have you seen if there are any custom shops reasonable enough?

#6: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:47 am
    ----
Check this out >> www.ar15barrels.com/ar10.shtml

#7: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:53 am
    ----
And Mike for the win! By the way is it not pretty early over there?

My computer is telling me its not even 6 in the morning there and its a Sunday.

Dimitri

#8: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:51 am
    ----
Don't you guys ever sleep????

#9: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:01 pm
    ----
Well in my defense I was at a coffee shop 5,000 miles away from where I normally am, and it was noon when I got on, and about 1pm when I posted that it was almost 6am. Laughing

Dimitri

#10: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:04 pm
    ----
We have a puppy sharing our bed for now and I got rooted out about 4AM, couldn't go back to sleep. A nap sure sounds good about now!

#11: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 pm
    ----
I can relate to both!!! Especially the puppy, we had a nice thunder storm last night and we ended up with a 100# Black Lab and a 65# Chocolate Lab in our bed. needless to say with that much Lab in the bed I lost. I'm almost ready for my second nap after that.

#12: Re: Tryin to find, Need help Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:53 am
    ----
The joys of sleeping like a rock, impervious to everything from dogs, people, fire alarms and the like. Very Happy

Dimitri

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions