Berry's Bullets
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 pm
    ----
Anyone out there have any experience with Berry's Bullets? I found them the other night and thought about ordering some but I have only seen them in Cabella's once. wtf

#2: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:32 am
    ----
I’ve just switched over to the Berry’s !!!
Haven’t found the time to properly test the way I should.
The reason I went to them was other shooter I know and trust have had good luck with them.

I can tell you right now they will not replace a good jacketed bullet.
For everyday plinking and combat style competition though they are more than adequate.

You can buy directly from Berry’s if you can’t find them locally.
Good luck getting them right now, like all other components they are running behind in production.
Last I heard they were they were starting to catch up !!!

#3: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:36 am
    ----
I was on Graf & Sons last night and they had the 350gr .458's so I ordered a box of them to try. I'd like to find out about expansion and penetration. Are they like a jacketed bullet or do they behave more like a FMJ? Graf & Sons charged a $4.50 insurance fee but no shipping. Razz

#4: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:58 pm
    ----
Forgot about the few rifle bullets they made !!!
I haven’t used any of them so I can’t give any honest opinion, Sorry !!!

#5: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 am
    ----
I use Rainiers and they are pretty much the same as Berrys. Plated is plated! I use them in my 44mag, 50ae Desert Eagle and my 50 Beowulf AR. AS long as you dont treat them as a jacketed bullet you wont have any problems. Load them the same as if they were a lead bullet of the same weight.

#6: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:58 am
    ----
Not sure about Berry's plated bullets for hangun, but you can run Rainier plated bullets out to 1200 fps. I have a friend that runs Rainier plated hps to 1400 fps with out a problem.

I load them using jacketed data and just under 1200 fps...I load .45 ACP to 850 fps from a 3" barrel to match my jacketed selfdefense load...

#7: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 pm
    ----
CP are pretty soft and I agree with 221 for plink and combat focus shooting drills and Mr. Bush on keep the speeds down.

They are not intended for much other than paper or target stuff IMHO and would not use them for other than that.

Berry's are pretty pricey for CP bullets.

I've been using X-treme with great success at half the price in my pistols. They streak the bore some but the plating is softer than gliding metal on cup-n-core HP's and comes right out with Shooters Choice.

xtremebullets.com/

#8: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 pm
    ----
Does x-treme make a .458?

#9: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:29 pm
    ----
Um....only in cast as far I can tell. Call and see if they'll make ya some plated ones? Kids are really nice there.

Argh.... You and that hand cannon.....BFR ALERT! Laughing

#10: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:43 pm
    ----
Yea thats me..... I picked up my sons BFR .450 Marlin last night. I need bullets ....Cheap is good just for playing around. Do they have a website?

#11: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm
    ----
I'd buy any body a steak dinner if they can one hand fire these two at the same time. wtf

#12: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:30 pm
    ----
What good would a steak dinner do with both arms in casts...

#13: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm
    ----
Hell I'd feed ya if ya can do it. We just got home from shooting, the 450 Marlin definitely has a sharper recoil. I don't think I have ever shot a funner gun. My daughter even put 10 rounds through it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#14: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm
    ----
I'll do it! Send them both to me right away and I'll send them back Very Happy ASAP after Im done!

Last edited by Crackshot on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Berry's Bullets Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 pm
    ----
Oh I was so excited from shooting that I forgot...... I loaded some 350gr Berry's with 42.2gr of IMR 4198 they were very mild but they are the bottom of the load data. Still a long way I can go to find the right load.

-> Reloading Ammunition