I am off for 3 days varmint-ing
-> Varmint Hunting

#1: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:18 am
    ----
Wish me luck guys,

I am off for some 3 loud noise filled days of wabbits and porkies up Tamworth way. Very Happy Very Happy Pistol Shooting

Sniper Shooting

I hope it is not raining coz I'll be living in a swag (tent) and raining means mud inside Yuck

#2: Re: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm
    ----
Good luck and stay dry.

#3: Re: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 pm
    ----
We'll want a full report, with pictures, when you get back!

#4: Re: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:33 pm
    ----
Enjoy Gelan....Tamworth eh...thats about 5 hrs South of me mate.

Enjoy your trip mate, wish I wuz wiv ya. Why a swag...I know they are great...but the tent that I have is much more gooderer...it opens like an umbrella...I have it up in about 5 minutes and its big enough to lay your swag inside for comfort...and ya girlfriend's too. Laughing Also, have you seen the weather prediction...low of 2*C...shiverin' weather mate.

I'm with Punkin....report and pics...lots of them Laughing

The weather is looking a little ordinary mate...but that's ok...put ya swag on the grass and take ya boots off before ya slide into it and you will be right. I used to keep a small hessian bag (sandbag) beside my farter...slip the boots off and drop them in the bag to keep the mud contained.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:45 pm
    ----
Good luck gelandangan.

Hope you get plenty, please post pics of your adventure.

#6: Re: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:53 pm
    ----
Well, I am back..
Soaking wet, muddy and miserable.

We got rogue weather on Easter weekend.. It was raining about 25mm a day.

Thus the pathway were muddy and slippery, which made it REALLY hard to walk, let alone hunts.
Every two or three steps, the shoe grows about 5cm from the mud that stuck on the sole.
Then, when trying to climb, obviously there is no traction right at the top of hills after a 10 minute climbs, then you slide all the way down, trying to hold the gun up and away from the mud..

I only got a little pig, not even worthed to take a picture.
Heck, I think if I took my own picture, it would look like a muddy large pig.
I was tossing as to whether I want to risk my gun in the rain, but because I was there already, I might as well..

(With apology to Bushy) I got a small can of WD-40 spray that I use to drench my rifle with each time I got back to camp.
Must have used about 2 meters of flannels to wipe the gun in 3 days.

Oh well, thing we do for our sport.
I would be happy to do this again and again and again and again...
Must have my head checked..

#7: Re: I am off for 3 days varmint-ing Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 pm
    ----
Oh well Gelan....not to worry mate...at least ya managed to get away...something I haven't been able to do for nearly 12 months mate.

Cheers, Vince

-> Varmint Hunting