We Got Problems!
-> General

#1: We Got Problems! Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:48 am
    ----
This is on Georgia Arms' website this morning:
Quote::
Attention!!

Due to new government regulations concerning the purchasing of surplus brass, we are removing sales of all 223 and all 308 until further notice. Below is a copy of the email we recieved from Goverment Liqudiations.

"Effective immediately DOD Surplus, LLC, will be implementing new requirements for mutilation of fired shell casings. The new DRMS requirement calls for DOD Surplus personnel to witness the mutilation of the property and sign the Certificate of Destruction. Mutilation of the property can be done at the DRMO, if permitted by the Government, or it may be mutilated at a site chosen by the buyer. Mutilation means that the property will be destroyed to the extent prevents its reuse or reconstruction. DOD Surplus personnel will determine when property has been sufficiently mutilated to meet the requirements of the Government. "

This is a huge waste of taxpayer's money. The value of these products is reduced by 80% by going from a recycled product to a scrap product.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN!!!!!!!!!

#2: Re: We Got Problems! Author: kentucky hareraiserLocation: kentucky PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:12 am
    ----
not surprized to here this,it has to do with the loop hole in the 2nd ammendment the right to own and bear arms (NOT AMMO) SUCH BULL

#3: Re: We Got Problems! Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:19 pm
    ----
Reports on AR15.com are that those responsible have been appraised of the dismay produced by the enforcement of this rule & people are working to introduce a waiver.

Link to ar15.com thread.

#4: Re: We Got Problems! Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:26 pm
    ----
I hate it when that happens. I suspect we will see more of this in the future. All the best...
Gil

#5: Re: We Got Problems! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:19 am
    ----
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....

Death by a thousand cuts !!! Evil or Very Mad The antis are organised....they did the same out here.

Good luck guys....I think you are gonna need it.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: We Got Problems! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:03 am
    ----
Everything else gets cut up or broken before getting surplussed. It was inevitable that someone was going to say "well since we need to destroy everything rifle brass should be destroyed as well".

Like M151 Jeeps getting a 1/2" wide torch cut making them 2 pieces before being sold off as scrap metal.

Dimitri

#7: Re: We Got Problems! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:11 pm
    ----
I've always been amazed at the waste in our govt. Stories from WW2 about running tanks off the decks of ships rather than bring them back to the States. I've seen the pictures of US planes blown up and left on airfields in Europe. Its little short of amazing that the govt expects us to foot the bill for items that they will destroy rather than sell off to recoup part of the expense.

#8: Re: We Got Problems! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 am
    ----
Once fired military brass has always been returned to the manufacturer here in Australia. It is melted down and remade into new brass, so I suppose that although it isn't being sold off, meaning no income derived, it is being reused by the military. After each range activity they must collect and return a minimum of 85% of the expended brass.

Punkin...I agree with what you are saying, but rather than sell it off to some schmuck ,who will on sell it to another schmuck, who will use it against us goodies...I'd much rather see it returned to country and scrapped in such a way that it benefits the military. Sure, some of these items are obselete, but most have had upgrades at one time or another, so every part on the item is not necessarily obselete.

One of the things that sticks in my mind...and craw...is the Huey helicopters pushed off the side of the Carrier at the end of Vietnam, I nearly cry every time I see that. We stopped using them about 5, maybe 10 minutes ago in the aussie Defence Force. A magnificent chopper, one that I would love to own.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: We Got Problems! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 pm
    ----
Vince, I was thinking more of vehicles, tools, etc. than just cartridge cases.

#10: Re: We Got Problems! Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:09 am
    ----
Have you seen this list

www.infowars.com/obama...st-is-out/

And how will it affect the individuals on this site?

#11: Re: We Got Problems! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 am
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Vince, I was thinking more of vehicles, tools, etc. than just cartridge cases.

Yes mate, I understand that....in fact my second paragraph where I acknowledge you comment is directed at that very point mate. Tanks, artillery pieces, aircraft, choppers, ships, ammo, weapons....ANYTHING that can be refurbished and used by a scumbag against us should never be discarded.

Sure, guerrillas will always innovate and improvise as they did in Vietnam, but why make it any easier for them.

Cheers, Vince

#12: Re: We Got Problems! Author: DuceLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am
    ----
The decision or order has been reversed. They will continue as before. Our brass is safe for now ?

C&P w/links

www.ar15.com/forums/to...5&t=844248

georgia-arms.com/

Dear Loyal Customers,

Thanks to your voice, DOD has rescinded the order to mutilate all spent cases as of 4:30 pm on 3/17/09. We appreciate the time and effort that you expended, together we all made a difference. We will be posting the email we received from DOD as well as any additional information within the next 12-16 hours. Thanks so much and lets get to work!!! Georgia Arms

#13: Re: We Got Problems! Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 pm
    ----
JPFO has information that the decision has been reversed too:

www.jpfo.org/alerts03/...090317.htm

#14: Re: We Got Problems! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 pm
    ----
That is great guys. Absolutely brilliant.

I am a little bit concerned though that someone, in a high place of authority, has used a bit of common sense. What does this mean? Can you expect more reasonable and smart decisions?

Now there is a very scary thought. Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#15: Re: We Got Problems! Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:53 am
    ----
I saw this yesterday and started stirring the pot, so to speak, so this is wonderful news!!!! Chalk up one for our side and hope we can keep the ball rolling!! I also think this points out one of the great assets of this website. Keeping us all informed very quickly on issues that we deem important to guns and hunting!! I know it has always been that way, but this is an excellent reminder of this websites vigilance!!!

-> General