Appropriate CCW attire
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:00 pm
    ----
It's a BIG turkey foot Bushy. Very Happy

Eric

#17: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 pm
    ----
Bushy, it is my only hunting trophy. I killed a small tree at 40 yards using a Win 70 chambered for .280 Rem. I was using a 139 grain Hornady SST. There happened to be a deer about 20 yards behind the tree...

I actually found the polymer tip of the bullet still in the tree and located the remains of the bullet in the ground maybe 10' to the side of where the deer was standing. I just had to mount them both.

By the way, a friend christened my .280 "Ol' Splintermaker", a name it has proudly carried to this day!

#18: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 pm
    ----
You know Pumpkin, if you trimmed your beard a little so its not as thick I'd say you look a lot like my automotive teacher in highschool. Shocked

Dimitri

#19: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:26 pm
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Bushy, it is my only hunting trophy. I killed a small tree at 40 yards using a Win 70 chambered for .280 Rem. I was using a 139 grain Hornady SST. There happened to be a deer about 20 yards behind the tree...

I actually found the polymer tip of the bullet still in the tree and located the remains of the bullet in the ground maybe 10' to the side of where the deer was standing. I just had to mount them both.

By the way, a friend christened my .280 "Ol' Splintermaker", a name it has proudly carried to this day!

You KILLED that harmless little tree for a TROPHY? Oh, the HUMANITY! Very Happy

#20: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 pm
    ----
It should have ducked!!

#21: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 am
    ----
In Washington (the State) anyone can carry a gun in the open - until someone complains and you get charged with "disturbing the peace". Concealed carry is best concealed and if someone notices it then you are likely to be asked by the next cop you see to lie down on the sidewalk.
You can't carry a gun on school grounds, in federal buildings, in the courthouse, at the airport and they are trying in one city to make it illegal to carry in public parks - which is in direct defiance of the State's law that no city or municipal laws can be more strict than State law.

That tree jumped in front of the bullet to save the deer..... or it was a case of suicide by hunter.

#22: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:55 am
    ----
Oh good...We will make that tree a hero....

Today it will be in the middle 70's and I will be going to Springfield. I will be wearing my black Stetson, Levi jeans, a white T-shirt and a denum over shirt unbuttoned and not tucked in. Over a Kimber UCC II .45 ACP in a Blackhawk Custom IWB holster (black) at 4:00 position FBI cant and a spare magazine in a Gould & Goodrich magazine pouch (black) at 9:00, supported by a black saddle cinch belt. Western boots by Ariot also in black. One must know how to accesorize. End of fashion show... Very Happy

#23: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am
    ----
Tight-tee white-tees or boxers ??? Laughing

#24: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 am
    ----
The T-shirt will show of my manly physic and I prefer colored tighties...

#25: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am
    ----
Brown ???

#26: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 am
    ----
Very Happy What do my "brownie tighties" have do do with carrying a gun? wtf

#27: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:57 am
    ----
Not a thing at all !!! ROFL

#28: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:09 am
    ----
Bushy, If I may refer to you as that. Smile

You kinda fell into that one.

Anyway it was way too much information for me. Embarassed

Have a great day, and don't let them brownies get in a knot!! Very Happy

#29: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:20 am
    ----
I don't know Lester, but Chambered seems to an infatuation for men's "fruit" of the looms these days...Scarry... ROFL

#30: Re: Appropriate CCW attire Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:41 pm
    ----
Chamber must live in San Fran.
It is the only way that I can figure on his location his says, Still Lost.
Must have voted against Prop. 8 Very Happy Very Happy

Eric

-> Spam-O-Rama