Hope you got a strong stomach
-> General

#1: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: wy111Location: N. Yorkshire, U.K. ( Pomgolia) PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 pm
    ----
Ok. Can't normally stand anti's, but this time, PETA has something for once. Watch the video, as the ad says, hope you got a strong stomach.

www.peta.org/feat/Chin.../index.asp

Last edited by wy111 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 pm
    ----
Video? where?

#3: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: wy111Location: N. Yorkshire, U.K. ( Pomgolia) PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Video? where?

Sorted.............Forgot to add the link

#4: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:14 pm
    ----
Wow, I could not watch but for a few seconds. Absolutely disgusting. Yuck

Sorta makes us look like heroes. What I mean is that most hunters I know like the "one shot one kill" ideology, to save the animal from any more suffering than necessary. At least the guys I know do.

PETA is a PITA, and when they come knocking this would be a great video to use against them, stop this stuff in the rest of the world first. Because I am sure that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe I am way off base here, I know about different cultures and the differences in attitudes towards animals, and have seen a lot of them first hand, but this is just over the edge.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my perspective.

#5: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: robfromaz1977Location: Arizona's White Mountains PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:28 pm
    ----
Yeah that is a bad video. I guess they are to cheap to use a .22 to do it more humanely. I didn't make it through the whole video either.

#6: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:27 pm
    ----
Here it is embeded..

Thats just cruel..
I dont know why they would not at least smash the head of the animal with a big stick before skinning them..

------------
On another note,
I was in Guangzhou Ching Ping market a few years ago, I think it was the beginning of the 80's or end of 70s.

n this particular market they sell all and every animals available or have bad luck enough to be caught by the seller..
There are bugs, snails, dogs, cats, snakes, scorpions, roaches.. you name it.
The floor of the market were red mud, mixed of blood, guts and shit..

They do not have fridges back then..(even now fridges are rare there).

Now if you fancy say, a leg of a dog for your dinner, you know that you cant eat a whole dog, and coz you dont have a fridge, you would buy only the part you need..
The seller also do not have fridges.. so, to keep the meat fresh, you got to keep the animal alive.

They would slice out the leg you fancy, while the animal is alive! and then cauterize the wound by searing it with a hot pan..
Clouds of blood with nauseating smell billows amid the howl of the animal and the laughter of the seller and buyer..
Doing it this way, they could keep an animal alive for at least a week while loping their body parts a piece at a time.

I ended up running out of the market, vomited my gut out..

I know this is also cruel, but it is a necessity due to economy..

#7: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: dieselLocation: Watsontown Pa. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:53 pm
    ----
that is absolutely gastely! did'nt make it through it either.

#8: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:15 am
    ----
Much to much for my.

P.S. Is Hilary Clinton still in China?

#9: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: ripper007Location: Colorado PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am
    ----
I did not make it threw the video either.

they might not shoot the animals or smash the heads in due to damaging the furs.
even if that's the reason. its still not right. very sad and disgusting.

#10: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 pm
    ----
If PETA stuck at working to stop diabolical mistreatment like this, then they would have my support.
Trouble is: They're a bunch of crazed inadequates who see renaming fish as "sea kittens" to be equally important.
The UK's RSPCA is heading in the same direction.

#11: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: YOTESMOKER PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:11 pm
    ----
The man needs to be skinned ,he should have at least put the animal down

#12: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: 270hunter PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 am
    ----
Wow I don't think anybodyts made it through yet, not even me(I stopped at the skinning part). You know I can shoot animals and if they're not dead shoot them again. But this.........this is really bad.

#13: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:06 am
    ----
Most of the places in this country use gas (CO2) to kill the animals before skinning. It is one of the most humane ways to kill an animal - the other way is freezing... not as quick but it also is humane.

#14: Re: Hope you got a strong stomach Author: SciFiJim PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 am
    ----
I'm going to have to call bullshit on the video. That's not how it's done. I had a trap line as a youth. The first few seconds of the video show how it's done with a stick. You hit the animal just behind the skull causing a hangman's fracture of the neck and spinal cord. Death is quick. You DO NOT want to be skinning a live animal. It would be too easy to be scratched or bitten. A professional would know how to do this better and quicker than a kid with a trap line. I caught mostly nutria, but occasionally muskrat or raccoon near Cameron Louisiana.

edit - I watched the video again to pick it apart further. This skinner is not a professional. A pro would have the animal skinned in about a third of the time that he took. A pro would have a razor sharp knife and not have to saw with it to make a cut. There is no worktable or tubs nearby to place the skins or the carcass in afterward. Also, you would not kill only one animal at a time. Iit is like reloading, you don't reload only one at a time you do them in batches. It is production line work, there would be one person to kill the animals and another to skin them.
PETA probably paid someone to do that to an animal so they could get the video. Makes you realize that they will lie to get what they want (like we already didn't know that!!).

-> General