What is your favorite small game animal to hunt?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Small Game Hunting

#31: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: chainsawLocation: australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 am
    ----
hey delboy,great lines there bloke but your supposed to keep the abbo thing quiet! the government over here have no idea what they are dribbling they think its the gun that shots people (its got nothin to do with the psycho operating it!) mayb we could start international safari"s hunting Australian politicians if u nail a trophy we'll pay you!

#32: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: KnifeboyLocation: The Arizona desert PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:34 pm
    ----
Chainsaw your funny Very Happy Very Happy
Do you think that we should compose a record book for them or what?
DallenC since you are the forum moderator you will be the official scorer as well Very Happy

Knifeboy

#33: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:01 am
    ----
Knifeboy, don't you think Dallan's already got enough to do? We're STILL awaiting the promised "Recipe Page" ( along with the "Elusive Snark" - not sure which will show up first)
Dallan - no bitching! If you must stick your head up, you gotta expect to be sniped! Smile

#34: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: coyotehunter_1Location: Tennessee (USA) PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:00 am
    ----
Shocked After years of therapy... Shocked
Quote::
Doh! I had a nagging feeling this thread would evolve into bunnywabbit hunting
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Myself, I like hunting the elusive "southern snipe ".... Now where did I put my sack and whistle? Wink

#35: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: grimel PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:40 am
    ----
If I still had access I'd take you on a snipe hunt with a med size johnboat.

#36: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:37 pm
    ----
I'm with you Chainsaw.....rabbits, or "underground mutton" as Dad calls them. Nothing better than sitting/lying about 150m out from a rabbit warren, .243 or.223 loaded, and sniping the warren. Alternatively you can test out your stalking skills and get in to about 50m to 75m and use a .22 rimfire loaded with subsonics. Thats how I learned to shoot back in the 60's in Wagga. Had an old mate yrs ago out back of Goulburn in NSW who used to take a single shot short barrel Lithgow and 6 .22 Short rounds and come back with 6 clean head shot rabbits. I'm certainly not bitchin' about the poms bringing the rabbits out here....they have given me heaps of fun, and they are damn fine to eat.

In addition to the rabbits I am EXTREMELY partial to hunting feral cats. They are wily, quick and very hard to see and it is a real hoot to tap one, regardless of the calibre you use. No such thing as overkill where feral cats are concerned.....the bigger the better.

Delboy, I see you have heard of the "Alice Springs Hunting Club". Keep it quiet mate.....don't want to run out of "game".

Cheers, Vince

#37: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: beezer PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:18 am
    ----
No doubt about it rabbits.

#38: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: beezer PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:54 pm
    ----
what about smearing jam on a target and shooting the wasps that land there with an air gun? Picnic sport.

#39: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:58 am
    ----
Twisted Evil Fuzzy Tailed Tree Rats are my favorite Small Game followed by wabbits & wacoons on the furry side. On the feathered side #1 is the Chinese Chicken/Pheasant then Grouse and Dove. I'll take anything that I can get though! Cool

#40: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: ghallLocation: Idaho PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:00 am
    ----
I love chuckars. Hard work but it'll get ya into shape. Other than that usually a lot of rock chucks or the wabbits.

#41: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:20 am
    ----
Rabbits run with my Beagle, Great fun. Good eats.

#42: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: yotebusterLocation: Georgia PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:46 pm
    ----
Doves! Followed by armored drillers, cicadas and then fire ants! LOL Lord knows we've got enough of these last three to keep your barrel hot for a long time. And no closed seasons!! LOL
Yotebuster Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#43: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:43 pm
    ----
I see quite a few guys making mention of shooting Doves. What sort of doves are we talking about here? Is there a website that I can view that shows what these doves look like?

We have heaps of doves here in aussie, but I'm not sure if they are the same as yours. They are only a small bird, a tad smaller than a pigeon. If they are the same as the ones in the US I have found another source of game.

Cheers, Vince

#44: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:19 pm
    ----
Howdy Vince. There Morning Doves they do resemble a pigeon only a little smaller. Pull the breast out soak it in salt water for a couple hours rap it with bacon and pin it with a tooth pick and broil or grill it were talkin good eats buddy. Very Happy
Joe

#45: Re: What is your favorite small game animal to hunt? Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:51 pm
    ----
Do thousands of prairie dogs per year count as small game hunting or shooting? Smile

-> Small Game Hunting