New camper
-> General

#1: New camper Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 am
    ----
I picked up a Camper for Deer Camp. The Fifth Wheel cost too much to make that 300 mi. trip..

Last edited by glockman55 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: New camper Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 am
    ----
Very Happy That should help save a little on fuel costs,and does'nt take up much space for storage.Does it stay warm in colder michigan weather?

#3: Re: New camper Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:23 am
    ----
Glockmannnnn...Where ya been...We missed ya...I think...Maybe not...

Good to see ya still alive though...

#4: Re: New camper Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:55 am
    ----
I hope it keeps me warm, it gets damn cold in the U.P.
Bushy, Thanks for thinking about me..I've been real busy this summer, My Wife has kept me working on my to do list...Getting ready for Bow Season now, the list is put on hold. LOL

#5: Re: New camper Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm
    ----
It's a Chevrolet...It has a good heater... Very Happy

#6: Re: New camper Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:51 pm
    ----
That will do the trick Very Happy . Nice rig.
Joe

#7: Re: New camper Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:08 pm
    ----
The top bed clearance could be a little higher, I'll just have to think before I sit up quick. Bang Head

#8: Re: New camper Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:53 pm
    ----
Hey ya Glockster...what Bushy said mate.

Nice looking camper. Doesn't matter if it is cold....thats when ya cuddle up to the missus. Seriously though...the chances of a camper like that being warm are pretty remote...unless its Summer, so all you need do is purchase a decent sleeping bag that is rated well below zero or put some good blankets on the bed. Do you have any sort of an annexe for the back? You could always put an LPG or propane heater in there. That should put a bit of warmth into the camper.

Worse part is when you have to go for a "wee walk" at 2am in the middle of Winter...not at all pleasant.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: New camper Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:05 am
    ----
Hey Vince, It's got a furnace and a fridge, should work out good for hunting.

#10: Re: New camper Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:11 pm
    ----
A FURNACE !?!? Shocked Mate....you got a Blacksmith Shop in there somewhere?

Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: New camper Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:40 am
    ----
Good looking rig! Looks like you will have the conforts of home when you hunt. Good Luck!!!

#12: Re: New camper Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 am
    ----
Now I have to find a better way to tie it down to my truck, the stake pocket brackets are a little scary. Any ideas? I'm going to look at some camper places today, I hear torklift is the way to go, but I'm sure they're not cheap. Shocked

-> General