JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#76: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:58 am
    ----
whittling wrote:
Your all NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS

I have to agree with ya wittling Insane . I have bin trying to stay clear of this one I have gotton a visual or two Yuck that I wished I hadn't Help . You guys crack me up ROFL Laughing
Joe

#77: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:05 am
    ----
Well, Joe, at least you are getting in on the fun of it all!!!!! Laughing

#78: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:14 pm
    ----
This forum is for the terminally bored. Very Happy

Cary

#79: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:56 pm
    ----
Yeah,right, so how did you make out with the storm?????? How did your chickens hold up?!??!?!?!!?!? Smile

#80: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:59 pm
    ----
The storm turned north and missed us. We are high and dry. My place is about an hour drive south of San Antonio, about 3 miles west of IH-37. We didn't get a drop of rain and only about 20mph winds. In fact it is so dry that I had to start irrigating my freshly planted alfalfa and clover to get it to come up. I think Bushy got some of the wind and rain from the storm. We were hoping for some rain. Ranchers in this area always wish for a summer huricane.

Cary

#81: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:02 pm
    ----
Sorry it left you dry!!!!! Sad

#82: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:16 pm
    ----
Hi guys...Sure glad I survived...Just got power back at 2200. Lost it around 0300 this morning...Been packin' in water from emergency reserves for flushing the toilet. broke out my Coleman lantern and cooked dinner on my Coleman two burner stove.

Yup Cary...Got rain by the buckets and about 20 MPH winds with gusts to 60.

#83: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 pm
    ----
whittling wrote:
Your all NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS

But the best kind mate....HUNTING NUTS.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Haha Insane Haha Insane Haha Nananana Nananana Nananana Cheers Cheers Cheers The Wave The Wave ROFL ROFL ROFL Party Popcorn Party Misc Bonk Misc Bonk Misc Bonk Fencing Stupid Popcorn Very Happy Insane Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

#84: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:35 pm
    ----
Since you are in one piece Bushy I got to ask ... How are your Horses ?? Smile

Dimitri

#85: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 pm
    ----
Bushy, Cary and any others in the path of the storms......I am glad that you have all survived, or hope that you will without too many problems.

Cary...that rain will come mate...you don't need a hurricane to get it I hope. This may seem like a silly question Cary, but is alfalfa also called lucerne?

'Mitri...if I know Bushy mate, Zues and his mum would have been the first things that he ensured were safe....just like Cary wiv his chookens.

Cheers, Vince

#86: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:52 pm
    ----
Yup...Horses A-OK... Very Happy

#87: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 am
    ----
Bushie, glad that everything is good for you and the horses! Smile

#88: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 am
    ----
Vince,

If Lucerne is not a form of alfalfa, they are pretty closely related. They are both legumes and look alike, with the same growth habits. This is what I found on a Google search. I didn't find a page that outright said they were the same. I believe they are the same, but we (Australia and the US) just use a different name for the same plant.

I have four, 2 to 4 acre sand dunes (sand about 6 to 10 feet deep), on my ranch that almost nothing but weeds will grow on, because they are too dry for the better part of the year. They will not hold water close enough to the surface to grow grass. I decided to plant a wild desert plant called Forage Kochia (Kochia prostrata) on these hills, as an experiment. Kochia is a small bush, with a 10 to 20 foot tap root, that can grow on as little as 5 or 6 inches of rain per year and is very palatable to cattle. The seed is $20 per pound, but you only plant 2 pounds per acre. It's worth a try to utilize this land.

Bushy,

I’m glad that you pulled through the storm ok. After watching the news films from the aftermath in the Houston area, consider yourself lucky to be that far inland.

Vint2,

Yesterday when I was in the fields, laying out the irrigation lines, I was feeling sorry for myself for not getting any rain. If you could classify each false weather prediction as a lie, weathermen could be classified along the same line as politicians. Like my grandpa use to say…...Better days ahead.

Cary

#89: Re: JAY LENO ON PRESIDENT BUSH Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:20 pm
    ----
Hey Bushy glad you ,your family and your horses swam out of it. No damage I hope?
Joe

-> Spam-O-Rama