Our Second Amendment and the Police
-> General

#1: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:24 am
    ----
I read in Gun Week:

A Louisiana open carry activist settles with police department

"Louisiana open carry activist Edward Marchiafava has settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in his legal feud with the Fonzales, LA police department."

He was arrested, handcuffed and disarmed while openly carrying a handgun at a Tanger Factory Outlet on Jan 28, 2006. Louisianna is an "open carry" state, it is legal to openly carry in the the state of Louisianna. When Edward was confronted by police he infomed the police that Louisianna is an "open carrying" state, to that one of the of the arresting officers said, "Tell it to the judge." When he was being transported to the police station the officer told him, "I don't care what the laws or Supreme Court say. We are not going to have people running around, wearing guns with women and children everywhere."

Even the police do not understand or know the laws they are hired to enforce!! Mad Mad

#2: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 am
    ----
Or in this case, as stated by that one officer. "I don't care what the laws or the Supreme Court say."... Don't really care...Many of them have forgotten just who they work for... Mad

#3: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 am
    ----
I hope that officer was stripped of his commission and pension !!!

Sad It's a sad day when I make a post like that !!!

#4: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:03 am
    ----
C21,

It is a sad day.

Cary

#5: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: WileyWapitiLocation: NW Colorado PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 pm
    ----
Maybe they could allow him to stay on the force, continue to do his duties minus his service pistol or any other weapon, after all, we wouldn't want him running around with a gun near women and children - better yet, we should get him assigned on a Secret Service posting guarding Hillary (yes, the no weapon policy would still apply).

#6: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: atroxLocation: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:34 pm
    ----
This is very sad.

I agree with you totally Wiley.

And what does women and children have to do with carrying a gun? I have seen some women and older children shoot guns better than adult men.

#7: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:27 pm
    ----
It's "for the children", atrox...We must protect the children [and the women] from those ugly guns that kill people...You know that.... wtf Very Happy

#8: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: atroxLocation: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:05 pm
    ----
hahaha oh thats right i forgot. Apparently i didnt drink enough koolaid from the anti-gun people. Smile

#9: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:44 pm
    ----
I was at a Civil War reenactment and we had to call the police over some theft in camp. A young cop came along with an older cop. The young one kept looking around and finally said to the older guy "I don't like being around all these guns!" I was sorta surprised and said "Why?? Yours are the only ones loaded!" I'm afraid that the public schools have succeeded in turning many of the young folks against guns. I know the schools sure try to!

#10: Re: Our Second Amendment and the Police Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 am
    ----
It is a matter of trust.

Your elected officials and public servants do not trust you. You are not to be trusted to be a good guy, You are not to be trusted to be law abiding, You are not to be trusted to be armed, You are not to be trusted to make rational decisions. You are stupid and ignorant. "They" are to make all decisions for you and "They" are to protect you, even from your stupid, dishonest self. The Them VS US mentality is taking over this country---- "Man the battelments it is Us or Them."

The Them VS US mentality flows from the top down in a department and the head needs to be severed from the body to eliminate the problem.
Best,
Ed

-> General