A prayer please.......
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: A prayer please....... Author: DuceLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:55 pm
    ----
Word is going around by phone that my sons unit was hit by a I.E.D. . Word is out that there unit has been hit by a roadside bomb and 5 have died in there unit. My wife and I usually here from one or both of our sons at least every other day on the computer or by phone and we have not heard from either in 3 days. Some are telling others and me that the Family Readiness Group is getting together as I type this and we as parents and family know that is not good. I caught something about it on our local news at 4:PM but I was just coming into the room as it was ending. I did find a little about it on the internet and the places they state it happen was a little bit away from my sons base so I am pretty sure its within there patrolling area so I am not sure but am praying that it was not there unit or word is wrong on this as I have been told so far.

Last edited by Duce on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: A prayer please....... Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm
    ----
DUCE Pray my thoughts and prayers are with you mate. Its never nice when family is in action and you never know how they are. The waiting to hear is the hardest thing to do .
Hope he is ok all the best mate. Pray

phil

#3: Re: A prayer please....... Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:15 pm
    ----
I Hope your boys are alright Duce.
Joe

#4: Re: A prayer please....... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:55 pm
    ----
As an atheist, my prayer wont worth squad..
But I sincerely wish your sons well.

Please keep us posted.

Gelan

#5: Re: A prayer please....... Author: DuceLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:19 pm
    ----
no word yet, we are by the phone and on the computer trying to to get ahold of them through myspace but no luck as of yet.

#6: Re: A prayer please....... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:39 pm
    ----
Duce, as an old Infantry soldier I understand things from both sides. I am sure that both your sons are okay mate.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your sons and their unit.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: A prayer please....... Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:48 pm
    ----
My prayers and thoughts are with your boys tonight. I wish you good news when it comes.

#8: Re: A prayer please....... Author: DoublejsLocation: SW Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:53 pm
    ----
I also have been praying for your sons.
May God bless you and your family.

#9: Re: A prayer please....... Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:35 am
    ----
Duce,
The boys and all your family are in our prayers. Visualize them healthy and happy - they will contact you as soon as they are allowed.

#10: Re: A prayer please....... Author: DuceLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:56 am
    ----
We are still trying to contact them with no luck. here it is past noon on Saturday and nothing from them either. My wife and I have had about a hours sleep between us but we are holding well.

#11: Re: A prayer please....... Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:37 am
    ----
Pray

#12: Re: A prayer please....... Author: DuceLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:22 pm
    ----
Everyone thank you we just found out there OK, My oldest son Gary was involved with the patrol that was hit with the IED but it was not his vehicle and thats all he could tell me. There base was also hit and a large battle broke out from what my youngest Matt has said but I have gotten that information through Gary. This is a testament that prayers do work. and a very personal thank you from my family to you. I think my wife and I can finally breath. All I ask is for the next 8 months lets not have any more of this and My son Matt will be coming home for his down time on the 6TH of August so maybe I can get him to set down and say Hi?

#13: Re: A prayer please....... Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:41 pm
    ----
Duce very glad there both safe and well. Now go and get some sleep Very Happy

cheers phill

#14: Re: A prayer please....... Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:47 pm
    ----
Glad to hear it Duce.
Joe

#15: Re: A prayer please....... Author: DuceLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:55 pm
    ----
I just found out by watching the local news that a local boy a 25 year old Sergent was one of the ones killed. I have put a link up at the bottom of the page and if you watch the video to the top right you will see what they reported. I know my son knew him from the way he talked but he did not tell me nothing and he is in the 101ST just as this young man was. I am going to see what I can do to attend his funeral and pay I and my wifes and my sons respect and maybe help them out. I know there is not much I can do but be there but its all I can do.

www.fox19.com/

-> General