Hello I Am New Member.............
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:07 am
    ----
Gelan, If that's not the real language, that was a funny joke. If it is the real language, you are one talented guy! Salute

Cary

#17: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:59 pm
    ----
Cary, I am actually from Indonesia, migrated to Oz back in the beginning of the 80's.

Not talented, but I think it is a necessity Razz

As the matter of fact, I do speak a few languages but Indonesian and English are the two that I am really comfortable with in speaking writing and reading.

#18: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:11 pm
    ----
So Gelan,

How do you say "thank you" in Indonesian ??

Dimitri

#19: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 pm
    ----
Um....TA Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#20: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 pm
    ----
Thank you = Terima kasih

But Vince's "TA" could work too.. if you go to Bali ( which is pretty much an Aussie backyard ) Very Happy

#21: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:00 pm
    ----
Thanks Gelan will have to remember that. Saying thank you in Chinese has gotten me the cute Chinese waitresses number before. Laughing

Dimitri

#22: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:08 am
    ----
You REMEMBER a language !!!!!!!!!!! I took Spanish last year and barely remember - COMO ESTA USTED ? by the way what did I just say ? How are you ? I know how you learned Chinese -FORTUNE COOKIES !! I know german from watching "Combat ''! Question Question

#23: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: whittlingLocation: Texas (home state is Mass) PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:09 am
    ----
You REMEMBER a language !!!!!!!!!!! I took Spanish last year and barely remember - COMO ESTA USTED ? by the way what did I just say ? How are you ? I know how you learned Chinese -FORTUNE COOKIES !! I know german from watching "Combat ''!

#24: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 am
    ----
Why Dimitri, you old "dog"! I thought only "Black Shoes" exibited that type of behavior! Poke

Cary

#25: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:10 am
    ----
I'm going to hear from Bushy, because of that statement! Argue Whip

#26: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:52 am
    ----
gelan,

Down here almost every native Texan speaks Texas English (American English with a different sound) and Tex Mex, to some degree. Tex Mex is a bastardized version of Spanish. Its different from Mexico Spanish, but with the same root verbiage. For example, in Mexico, the word for eggs, means testicles up here.

Cary

#27: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:43 am
    ----
I don't know why...I learned a lot of Japanese while I was in Japan...Came in handy while I was there. At least I wasn't a fresh air snipe or an airdale...Never liked bird farms...

#28: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:43 am
    ----
I can speak 3 languages (English, French & Greek) and can read and write English properly, I can read French just fine but I cannot spell it right. And with a couple of days of practice I can read most Greek but I will forget it again in a month (don't need to read much Greek).

I know how to say thank you in Chinese and that's about the only thing I can say in any language that I wasn't raised with.

Dimitri

#29: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 am
    ----
Hey Kitty sniper welcome to the mad er nut ahh sorry huntingnut forum Howdy great people great laughs and a huge source of information Vince is our resident hero snake catcher Bow Wave . Watch out for Bushy his one liners are good Poke .

phil

#30: Re: Hello I Am New Member............. Author: kitty_sniperLocation: Indonesia PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 am
    ----
and i'm sorry if my english writing is so poor.........i hope somebody could help my language and writing. Thank's all

-> General