GOOD DEED
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: GOOD DEED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm
    ----
Well, I've done my good deed for the week. My next door neighbour is a 30 something single lass and she has a wood heater in her house. She has absolutely no idea on how to cut wood, so I sharpened her axe for her and cut all of her wood. Very Happy

I feel good now having done something for somebody else with nothing in it for me. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

#2: Re: GOOD DEED Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm
    ----
Hey Vince,
Got a RUGER revolver that needs a good cleaning and a truck that could use a wash and wax !!!!!!!!! Laughing

#3: Re: GOOD DEED Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:33 am
    ----
And I have two horses that need grooming...Some trash that needs picked up, loaded and taken to the dump....(I like a man who likes to do good deeds). Thirty something...Wife was in town when you were performing this good deed? Ain't it something how these women play "helpless" and we just come arunnin'... Very Happy

#4: Re: GOOD DEED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:07 am
    ----
Bushy wrote:
Thirty something...Wife was in town when you were performing this good deed? Ain't it something how these women play "helpless" and we just come arunnin'... Very Happy

Nah mate, the missus was watching TV at the time. Next door was at work. She is a very independent lady, which I think is why she is still single, and the only thing she ever came a runnin' and asked me to help her with was the snake at her chicken coop.

Now, those horses...could probably fit them in sometime...just a matter of gettin' me butt over that way. Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: GOOD DEED Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 am
    ----
Vince, if you make it Missouri you might as well come on to NC. I've got a few things to do and I'll even fix you lunch and a beer!

#6: Re: GOOD DEED Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 am
    ----
Brown noser.. Very Happy ..A beer? Vince I have whiskey and the makins for tall cool ones...

#7: Re: GOOD DEED Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:45 pm
    ----
Seems to me that these two incidents, the snake and now the firewood are the two good deeds he told us about. wtf The missus might appear to be watching tv there Vince, but she's keepin' an eye on things. Oh yes, she is. Very Happy

#8: Re: GOOD DEED Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 pm
    ----
I believe ya Vince ol buddy . Very Happy
Joe

#9: Re: GOOD DEED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 pm
    ----
Thanks Joe...you're a good man mate.

Oh the missus keeps a watch Tracks....like all wives, she don't always trust her hubby...especially where you single women are concerned. But then again...it would probably kill me if this girl.... nah, lets not go there. Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#10: Re: GOOD DEED Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:56 am
    ----
Chambered221,
If you'll send me that Ruger, I'll clean it up real good....
The wife needs a new shooter to replace the 3006 that she can't shoot anymore.

#11: Re: GOOD DEED Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:02 am
    ----
Vince,
You're a good man! I would have waited until she was home to cut all that wood. My wife wouldn't mind at all... she always says, "whatever you feel you need to do."
Which translates roughly to, "All this will be mine."
My wife trusts me, its the women that she doesn't always trust.

If you ever get to the states - in Washington State - You got a home cooked meal. I do the cooking because my wife says I cook better than she does...... She does the dishes.

Heck all you guys and ladies are welcome! Just let us know when you will be in town.

#12: Re: GOOD DEED Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am
    ----
I understand the senario. My wife has a work mate (female) that bought about 15 acres about 3 miles from my house. She is a city girl and always needs help with mechanical devices. My wife's the one that sends me down there. I told my wife that this is just like have two wives with "Honey Do" lists. I don't mind helping, if I'm not booked up doing my own ranch chores.

Cary

#13: Re: GOOD DEED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:16 am
    ----
Paul....if I had my way I would have been over there a year or more ago.

I have met and become friends with some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting since becoming a member of this wonderful Forum.

I'd be over in a heartbeat if I could afford it, but I figure I'd need about AUD$25K for about 3 or 4 months of visitin' and that is out of reach being on a pension. Ya can't help bad luck.

Cheers, Vince

Last edited by Vince on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: GOOD DEED Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:45 am
    ----
OntheLasGallinas wrote:
I told my wife that this is just like have two wives with "Honey Do" lists.

But without the benefits of having 2 wives. Laughing

Dimitri

#15: Re: GOOD DEED Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:06 am
    ----
What benefits??? Two wives, twice the cost for the same thing you can get with one wife...

-> Spam-O-Rama