My retirement
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: My retirement Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 pm
    ----
This is it !!

#2: Re: My retirement Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:51 pm
    ----
Future country music singer ?? Very Happy

Dimitri

#3: Re: My retirement Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:53 pm
    ----
That is so cute.

(ok girly moment over)

#4: Re: My retirement Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 pm
    ----
Hmm.. where are the holsters and the six shooters?

#5: Re: My retirement Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:58 pm
    ----
Didn't want to scratch up her mandolin

#6: Re: My retirement Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:19 pm
    ----
I believe in starting them young like that. I come from a musical family. We put a fiddle in the kids hands as soon as we can talk them in to being still.

Cary

#7: Re: My retirement Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 pm
    ----
She needs a couple S&W 63 22LR revolvers I am thinking:

Like the bottom one:

Dimitri

#8: Re: My retirement Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm
    ----
Those are good starter models.

Cary

#9: Re: My retirement Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:52 pm
    ----
That is awesome mate. Like OntheLasGallinas, I too believe in starting kids early on music if they are so inclined. Keep her going, looks like she will be a real little heartbreaker in looks and style.

Only problem I have is I can only play the bagpipes and they are not a kids' instrument, and they are terribly bloody loud. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#10: Re: My retirement Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:16 pm
    ----
Yes I think they should be started young. She goes to the jam sessions with us , she gets up and sings and does well. Has good metter.
I didn't come from a musical family, self taught (guitar, mandolin & bass guitar). the youngest son plays guitar. and bass guitar.

I have havd the little one out and shooting and she does pretty good.

#11: Re: My retirement Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:44 am
    ----
Vince,

I heard that the bagpipes are the hardest instrument there is to learn how to play.

I've never touched one, but would love to try my hand at it. With stringed instruments, I can figure it out in a few minutes. I can probably play a barbed wire fence if the wires were tight enough, but I don't have any experience with wind or instruments.

How did you pick that up?

Cary

#12: Re: My retirement Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 pm
    ----
OntheLasGallinas wrote:
Vince,

I heard that the bagpipes are the hardest instrument there is to learn how to play.

I've never touched one, but would love to try my hand at it. With stringed instruments, I can figure it out in a few minutes. I can probably play a barbed wire fence if the wires were tight enough, but I don't have any experience with wind or instruments.

How did you pick that up?

Cary

The bagpipes are supposedly the second hardest to learn. They say that the Indian Sitar is the hardest.

I started when I was 10 yr old and have been practicing ever since. I used to be quite a reasonable player, but age is starting to catch up to me along with a bit of arthritis in the fingers. Below is a promo pic from when I used to play with a rock band.

I intend to teach myself to play the guitar just for the heck of it...one day.

Cheers, Vince

Last edited by Vince on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: My retirement Author: DoublejsLocation: SW Pennsylvania PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 pm
    ----
That is awesome, aren't kids great!

my son (at 5 yrs.) thinks he's a great singer....I'm not going to discourage him.

Aren't kids the best!!!! Smile

#14: Re: My retirement Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:49 pm
    ----
Good looking bunch Vince
Heres one of the band that my boy and I had a few years ago.We are in the middle.

#15: Re: My retirement Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:09 am
    ----
Well fellers, I have to admit that I can barely play a tune on a radio, much less a musical instrument!

As for a retirement plan, I had hopes that my daughter was going to be a doctor... Guess now I'll just have to work until I die! (She's a medical assistant and loves the job.)

-> Spam-O-Rama