Can you see it?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Photography / TrailCameras

#16: Re: Can you see it? Author: atroxLocation: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:33 pm
    ----
I have always heard that mountain lion meat is really good. i will try to get ahold of the picture of one that my cousin shot up in montana. It was stalking his daughter, who is 10yrs old. The thing was huge.

#17: Re: Can you see it? Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:54 pm
    ----
Shocked Out here in oregon we hunt them about 10 months out of the year legally,and if they are causing livestock damage they can be destroyed the other 2 months.We are unfortunate enough to have a bunch of greenie-leaf lickers that mandated no more hunting of cougars or bears with dogs.As a result of that little save the earth moratorium we have cougars showing up in the cities-big and small,eating smaller kitties and small dogs,attacking hikers and fishermen,even trying to get into gradeschools when the children are in class.Let alone the problems that they create in the rural areas with livestock.I still remember when a local policeman shot one out of a low fir tree in a backyard in an urban area after it tried getting into a grade school-it was about 3 years old and in fine physical shape.They just have learned not to fear man as much now that they can't be hunted with dogs,and their population has exploded here!

#18: Re: Can you see it? Author: atroxLocation: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:37 pm
    ----
Its the same here in AZ. You can buy OTC tags for them and they are starting to come off the mountains and into the city.

#19: Re: Can you see it? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:05 pm
    ----
Mountain lion meat! Hell, a buzzard won't even eat a cat.

Cary

#20: Re: Can you see it? Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:45 pm
    ----
I found the head right off. But thought it was in a cave until I looked for like the 10th time.

And I have no idea how CA can say they've counted anything when they think it's a good idea to cut school funding and put polished glass in the median on the freeway.

#21: Re: Can you see it? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:51 pm
    ----
Lion?
you mean that tiny skinny putty tat at the bottom of the picture is a lion??

#22: Re: Can you see it? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:06 am
    ----
Cougar, panther, puma, mountain lion...Yeh gelandangan, that's a lion...North American/South American style...They can be pretty good sized sometimes...

#23: Re: Can you see it? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:18 pm
    ----
Yeh.. I saw Vince's post on
www.huntingnut.com/ind...pic&t=4162

err.. miao...

#24: Re: Can you see it? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
We had a monster sized cat try and take down a full sized horse once. Didnt kill it but it ruined the horse, raked and sliced down the neck and sides.

-DallanC

#25: Re: Can you see it? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:38 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
We had a monster sized cat try and take down a full sized horse once. Didnt kill it but it ruined the horse, raked and sliced down the neck and sides.

-DallanC

OUCH.........not good. Mad

Cheers, Vince

#26: Re: Can you see it? Author: OntheLasGallinasLocation: South Texas PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:40 pm
    ----
I've had them scratch up grown cows, but these half Brahma, 1,600 pound cows were a little too feisty. It could have been a young one, though.

Cary

#27: Re: Can you see it? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:05 pm
    ----
Someone told me that lion meat taste like cat piss...

On the TV show "Monster Quest" they ran an episode about "The Beast of Bladenboro (NC)" in the '50s and similar attacks on animals around Bolivia, NC last year. I gather livestock and dogs were being killed. Someone snapped a photo with a phone camera that appears to be a cougar.

Bladenboro is in eastern NC, about 60 miles NW of Wilmington while Bolivia is about 15 miles SW of Wilmington. There appear to be some large swampy areas there. Possibly a remnant of the eastern cougar or one that was released?

#28: Re: Can you see it? Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:45 pm
    ----
Michigan DNR finally admitted that we have them here....I'm not convinced that we ever had them leave.

#29: Re: Can you see it? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 pm
    ----
Punkin wrote:
Someone told me that lion meat taste like cat piss...

Now here's a question for ya....how would anybody know what cat's p1$$ tastes like? Just a thought.

The Asians eat a lot of cat, and dog, so I suppose the meat would be edible....don't think I would fancy it though.

Cheers, Vince

#30: Re: Can you see it? Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:29 am
    ----
And you know Vince, I don't think that I'll be the voluteer to find that one out... Yuck Yuck

-> Photography / TrailCameras