Bump firing improved
-> General

#1: Bump firing improved Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:38 pm
    ----
I imagine a lot of AR-15 owners have tried bump firing or "the poor mans machine gun" splodetv.com/bump-fire-instruction
It is a lot of fun but shooting from the hip sometimes leaves a little to be desired. I got the notion today to make a loop of rope which goes around my shoulder to hook my thumb in. This allowed me to actually aim and deliver bursts of accurate fire. The loop of rope should be long enough so that when thumb is hooked in it the butt of the rifle is just off the shoulder. Then hook thumb, aim, and pull forward with off hand. I just have not been able to justify spending $12,000 on a M-16 yet..........this is probably almost as much fun.

#2: Re: Bump firing improved Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:22 pm
    ----
Could also look for a NFA registered "Lighting Stick" I believe they are called to make the AR-15 go full auto.

The Rope idea reminds me of a motivational poster I found on the net once.

By the way I never tried it so I don't know if it works. So I recommend not trying it. Shocked

Dimitri

#3: Re: Bump firing improved Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 pm
    ----
You put your finger inside the bottom ring, pull it backwards to start firing.

The cocking handle moves backwards after ignition, eject the spend shell and chamber a new one into battery.

As the handle moves forward, it will jerk the rope and where the rope circle the back of the trigger guard it creates a pulling action onto the trigger.

Your finger on the ring is now an achor point for the rope and thus, as the rope was pulled tight, the trigger is pulled back.

And so the actions repeats, until you relax your trigger, at which point the anchor of the rope is no longer there and the jerk of the rope is no longer transferred to the trigger.

Simple device but very very effective.
I saw them in used in Indonesia by some faction (freedom?) fighters during my younger and stupider days (not that I am old now compared to some old fart like bushy, vint or vince Very Happy )

#4: Re: Bump firing improved Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:54 pm
    ----
Geland,

It works pretty much like that from what I hear. Which is alot like the M14 Auto components, except the link below the Operating rod and the switch re-pull the trigger internally so you use the normal trigger unlike the wire which does it externally and you use the ring.

Dimitri

#5: Re: Bump firing improved Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:10 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
I saw them in used in Indonesia by some faction (freedom?) fighters during my younger and stupider days (not that I am old now compared to some old fart like bushy, vint or vince Very Happy )

Shocked Shocked Shocked wtf

Gelan I can't for a minute believe that you would associate with criminal elements of society.

Oh yeah....enough of the old fart bit mate. I'm still a youngun'. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: Bump firing improved Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:34 am
    ----
Vince,

Simple truth is we all have secrets we'd rather keep to ourselves as we grow up. Anyone who claims otherwise is lieing. Laughing

Dimitri

-> General