new rifle today
-> General

#1: new rifle today Author: grizzly48Location: Upstate South Carolina PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:01 pm
    ----
I bought a new rifle today a .22 cal. its called a GSG-5 and is made to look like a suppressed MP-5 it has a 24 round mag with 1 in the pipe I only got to run 1 mag thru it today but it shoots very nice.Trouble is its the only one i have seen and my dealer can't tell me much about it . Can anyone tell me about it ?.....extra clip - sling...Randy

#2: GSG-5 Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:38 am
    ----
I did a search and found this site. Looks like an interesting gun. Take care...
Joe

demigodllc.com/article...-in-22-lr/

#3: Re: new rifle today Author: FALPhilLocation: Dixie PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:43 am
    ----
It's imported by American Tactical. I know of them but not anything about them. I will check with the research department on Monday and see what they come up with.

#4: Re: new rifle today Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:32 am
    ----
I never actually seen one, I think the numbers imported into Canada are very few if any. I do know cause its not a "variant" of the MP5 as being a 22LR its a completely different operating system, its the closest thing to a MP5 a Canadian is allowed to own. Smile

That is ofcourse unless they are a lucky SOB and has the appropriate 12(x) grandfathered license because they owned weapons that were prohibited by name before the "ban". I was too young to legally own guns nevermind get grandfathered when they did this. Sad

Dimitri

#5: Re: new rifle today Author: grizzly48Location: Upstate South Carolina PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:29 pm
    ----
thanks to all I had bg plans to shoot some today but as of 6am it started raining and has not let up yet..........Randy

#6: Re: new rifle today Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:00 pm
    ----
Grizzly48, a buddy saw one of those someplace and has been trying to buy one ever since. He thought it looked like good quality.

#7: Re: new rifle today Author: grizzly48Location: Upstate South Carolina PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 pm
    ----
Well as of 1pm its still raining and the shooting range is 20 miles from my home I did the next best thing , I went out on my rear deck and popped off a mag full ( in the pouring rain and of course scaring most of the neighborhood , at least those who were not already scared of me ) it shot great no hicups at all just a lot of water on it and me . I guess you can say I baptisted it by fire and water ?.........Randy

#8: Re: new rifle today Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 am
    ----
grizzly48 wrote:
I did the next best thing , I went out on my rear deck and popped off a mag full ( in the pouring rain and of course scaring most of the neighborhood , at least those who were not already scared of me )

You "popped off a mag full " from your rear deck????? wtf Shocked Shocked

Mate, I hope you don't live in a residential neighbourhood !!!!! One would hope that you have a number of acres off your rear deck.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: new rifle today Author: grizzly48Location: Upstate South Carolina PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 am
    ----
Yes I live in the country at the end of a cul de sac , I have a small range set up about 20 yards where I can test fire the guns I work on. I try not to use it much so I don't have to listen to the neighbors ( which live about a 1/4 mile away. I use our public range for most of my shooting...Randy

-> General