Rank changes!
-> General

#1: Rank changes! Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:19 pm
    ----
Ok we gave the other system a try... but problem was some people didnt like the rank titles they recieved at the different post counts. Also while I liked it initially I grew lukewarm to it pretty quick.

So I made a couple changes. Gone are the old titles (individual post count numbers havent changed), whats new is graphical ranks. I found two cool ones that fit in with the theme here, one is paw prints that are active now the other is rifle bullets, between the two I like the paw prints alot better.

Also, I changed the old titles back to standard Newbie, Rookie Member, Member, Super Member. Newbie is someone with less than 10 posts, Rookies are 10-25 then they become full members until they hit Super Member. The rank images increment at a different rate so you can be a regular Member with between 1 and 4 paws.

Also, I have the ability now to assign custom rank titles to people. This will also effect the user ranking graphic as I can set it to whatever. Example is the Admin Rank next to my name. I fully plan to invite those interested in becomming a moderator to do so, and they will get a custom Mod ranking and standard or custom title.

Anyone reaching 4 paws can request a custom title of their choice!

Questions? Comments?

-DallanC

#2: Re: Rank changes! Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:29 pm
    ----
Sounds good to me. All the best...
Gil

#3: Re: Rank changes! Author: kbisLocation: East, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:06 pm
    ----
I like the paws, but I am a little confused as to what happens after Rookie. I guess you need to make it real simple for some of us Confused .

#4: Re: Rank changes! Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:06 pm
    ----
Can't imagine many folk having much interest in my member Smile

#5: Re: Rank changes! Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:37 am
    ----
kbis wrote:
I like the paws, but I am a little confused as to what happens after Rookie. I guess you need to make it real simple for some of us Confused .

Rookie Member is just someone with between 10 and 25 posts. After 25 posts they get the Member tag. At specific post count numbers after that they will earn "paws".

Perhaps I'll drop the "novice" rank and expand Rookie to cover post counts from 0-25.

#6: Re: Rank changes! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:53 am
    ----
Gidday Dallan.....where do you find the time to reload and hunt?? You must spend a lot of time playing with your computer.

Remember.... to err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

Thanks for all of your great work mate. I'm sure that evryone else concurs.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: Rank changes! Author: kbisLocation: East, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:34 pm
    ----
I will second that. Great job

Ken

-> General