Dallan, how is your back?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:08 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
Damn... damn damn damn!

Was carpooling to work today, we got rear ended hard by some moron not paying attention. Traffic was backed up due to another accident, our driver stopped along with the traffic ahead of us but the guy behind us didnt notice until it was too late. Hit us hard, slammed us into the vehicle in front of us. Everyone else in the car was fine, minor whiplash but its re-agrivated my back again.

Soon as I get the accident information from our driver I'll call'em up and get the info to get into a doctor again. And I was feeling really good lately too!

-DallanC

Whoa Dallan....sounds like you couldn't win a king hit in a pub brawl !!

Methinks Bushy is right.....you got plenty of luck ...just the wrong kind mate !!

Take it easy buddy, remember these things alledgedly happen in threes.....stay away from anything that may be even remotely dangerous...we don't wanna loose ya mate.

Eric....snow shoes sound like good idea, but with the luck that Dallan's havin' he'll probably trip "A over T" and land in a nest of evil mean wicked and nasty beasties that will chew on his butt and do him another mischief.

Cheers, Vince

#17: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:28 am
    ----
I dont have a snow mobile with that much horse power but my 4 wheeler (ATV) will and has gotten away from me before, Thank god I was wearing a helmet. Sad

#18: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 am
    ----
My "shanks mares" don't even have one horse power, but get me around quite well...After looking at the various videos and having the pleasure of operating a honda ATV four wheeler...I'll stick with them when wondering the forest...

#19: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 am
    ----
Bushy, Horses are tempermental and can hurt you as fast as a mechanical monster.

#20: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:45 am
    ----
Horses? Who's talkin' about horses. "Shanks mares" are your legs...I walk the forests. I ride the trails...And yes...Horses can be a bit dangerous too. I know. I have broken a few bones during "unauthorized dismounts"...

#21: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:46 am
    ----
Oh Ok! Smile .......Well, My legs can hurt me as well as anything else I have, My knee's are junk. Years of football, baseball, and other sports have taken there toll on my knee's. They gave out on me once while shopping at the mall with my Daughters and they had to call an ambulance to come and get me...2 days later I had knee surgery on my right knee. Sad
I know, Im falling the hell apart fast.

#22: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:22 pm
    ----
How old are you? 25? Oh...That's right...You said you have daughters that are "phone" age...45...

#23: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:13 pm
    ----
Another accident thats got to suck! Sad

I've been lucky so far, but then again I don't go on motorcycles, I do not drive ATV's or snowmobiles and I don't ride horses.

Been in a couple of car accidents, both not the fault of the driver of the SUV/School Bus I was in. But barely felt the accident when it happened, as a for one a Honda Civic, no matter how much the guy presses the gas when the highway is at a stand still WILL NOT push a Expedition much and apparently wont scratch/reach to the bumper when the SUV has a trailer hitch attached. Laughing

Dimitri

#24: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:33 pm
    ----
Yep! Im fourty........something. Not quit as old as Bushmaster though. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just funnin with ya Bushmaster.

#25: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:04 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
Damn... damn damn damn!

Was carpooling to work today, we got rear ended hard by some moron not paying attention. Traffic was backed up due to another accident, our driver stopped along with the traffic ahead of us but the guy behind us didnt notice until it was too late. Hit us hard, slammed us into the vehicle in front of us. Everyone else in the car was fine, minor whiplash but its re-agrivated my back again.

Soon as I get the accident information from our driver I'll call'em up and get the info to get into a doctor again. And I was feeling really good lately too!

-DallanC

You just can't seem to win latley Dallan. Hang in there buddy your luck will turn Very Happy .
Joe

#26: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:37 pm
    ----
Dallan mate, wheels and luck turns..
IF you got a few bad luck in a few days, you may get really good luck soon.. buy lottery mate.. you may win Smile

#27: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:20 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:

Eric....snow shoes sound like good idea, but with the luck that Dallan's havin' he'll probably trip "A over T" and land in a nest of evil mean wicked and nasty beasties that will chew on his butt and do him another mischief.

Cheers, Vince

??? What would an aussy know about Snow shoes??? Evil Devil

Actually I do have some bear paw's. Got'em back when I was 16, "real" ones made of birch and sinew. Lemme tell you... if you tip over in deep fluffy snow its an adventure getting back on your feet. Its about like tying a couple of floatation devices to your feet and stepping into in a pool! You have to somehow reach up and get each foot untied, roll around until you pack the snow down enough to stand up, then re-tie the shoes back on and then try and climb up out of your hole. Trust me, snowmobiles are alot more fun ROFL...! I used to snowshoe alot back in the day, ran a trapline of sorts for a hobby.

Bushmaster wrote:
Horses can be a bit dangerous too. I know. I have broken a few bones during "unauthorized dismounts"...

My brother got thrown off a horse on an elk hunt 5 years ago, horse spooked and he couldnt get it under control and got tossed... landed right on a rock and broke his back and blew out a couple disks. He then had to crawl down the trail till he found the horse... climb back on, ride 12 miles back to the truck and then 4 hours in the truck to the hospital. Almost killed him. He had to have surgery to fuse several vertibre.

Theres no doubt outdoor activities can be dangerous, but hey, whats life without a little danger. The mountains are something I deeply love and being up there is worth it. Theres just something about it that touches your soul and feels right.

Heres one of my favorite spots... taken on the deer hunt back in '03. Its about a 25 minute ride from my house.

-DallanC

#28: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:51 pm
    ----
dallan wrote:
??? What would an aussy know about Snow shoes???

I see'd then on telly mate. They look like fun to try and run in. Surprisingly, we actually have pretty sizeable snowfields out here in winter. Although, they are about 1800km south of where I live. Laughing

The view of your "mountain" is spectacular mate....it looks absolutely beautiful. I can understand you loving being up there. I can also understand why you would use a snow mobile in winter...be hard walking.

Cheers, Vince

#29: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:28 am
    ----
Is that an Elk trace I see in that photo?

#30: Re: Dallan, how is your back? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:43 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Is that an Elk trace I see in that photo?

There are a few elk in that area, but what you see is the remains of an old 2-track road to what looks like used to be a small mine. It runs just a tad past the edge of the picture and dead ends.

-DallanC

-> General