Getting an error
-> PointBlank Software

#1: Getting an error Author: DLH4570 PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:12 pm
    ----
I have been using PB for a few years, and LOVE IT. but now I am getting an ERROR when I try to print. I try to dump the program, so that I can redownload it. but when I download it the load info that I thought that I had dumped, comes up on the new download. and the error is still there, when I try to print?

what now?

Thanks

#2: Re: Getting an error Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:43 pm
    ----
Try doing an orderly shutdown of your computer, then turn the power off. Power up, restart and try again. That should dump the previous print job cash and give you a fresh start so that you can try the print job again. Keep us posted.

#3: Re: Getting an error Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:42 am
    ----
DLH4570 wrote:
I have been using PB for a few years, and LOVE IT. but now I am getting an ERROR when I try to print. I try to dump the program, so that I can redownload it. but when I download it the load info that I thought that I had dumped, comes up on the new download. and the error is still there, when I try to print?

what now?

Thanks

If you download a new version, run it and get your old load data you are either A) copying it into the original versions directory or B) you are using a shortcut to run PointBlank that wasnt updated to the newly downloaded version.

It will be hard to determine the cause of the crash as I dont own that printer... I will do some research on the web to see if that particular printer has any special case issues.

-DallanC

#4: Re: Getting an error Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:21 pm
    ----
How can I TOTALY dump the old version, all files. so that I can re download the new version??

#5: Re: Getting an error Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:08 pm
    ----
Delete the folder that contains the program. I dont use any kind of installation... it just runs from where ever you put it. Go to whatever folder you have it in and delete that folder.

-DallanC

#6: Re: Getting an error Author: DLH4570 PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:53 pm
    ----
Well I dumped the old one and downloaded PB agian. it takes info and runs data perfectly, but when I hit "print" the screen blanks out and the scroll bars just quivers. Then an error message comes up. My printer is a Lexmark X4270.

Thanks

#7: Re: Getting an error Author: DLH4570Location: N.E. Ohio PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:38 pm
    ----
Hey thats the printer that I have!!!

please dont tell me that I need to buy a new printer yet??

Thanks

-> PointBlank Software