Freedom Under Fire
-> General

#1: Freedom Under Fire Author: A17ShooterLocation: California Foothills (Gold Country) PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:13 pm
    ----
This concerns the BATF in action. I'll post two links and leave it to you folks.

Freedom Under Fire!

AR 15 Forum Thread with Olafson's views and legal documents

#2: Re: Freedom Under Fire Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:54 pm
    ----
Do the Government Departments have pretty much free rein over there to interpret the law as they see fit?

Reading the AR 15 Thread, it seems to me that there are an awful lot of unanswered questions in there....on both sides of the argument. What does greatly concern me is the fact that they use Forum scanning tactics to find out who is out there and if they can be accused of doing anything illegal.

Glad its you guys that have to contend with them and not me.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: Freedom Under Fire Author: A17ShooterLocation: California Foothills (Gold Country) PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:42 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Do the Government Departments have pretty much free rein over there to interpret the law as they see fit?

Glad its you guys that have to contend with them and not me.

Cheers, Vince

We hope it's not "as they see fit" and more along the line of, as it's written. But, they do the interpretation and are the interface with the citizens. If you think they are wrong the courts have the last word and the citizen has to finance his/her case.

#4: Re: Freedom Under Fire Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:17 am
    ----
Vince, I asked once about carrying a gun in the car while traveling through a neighboring state and was told that the gun laws are “up to the interpretation of the individual officer.” You can always fight it in court, if you can afford it.

Gun laws in the U.S. range from reasonable to ridiculous and they vary from town to town, county to county, state to state.

#5: Re: Freedom Under Fire Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:46 pm
    ----
Vince,

As an NRA Member, if I am unlawfully arrested, the NRA will send their Lawyers to defend me.
This has happened many times when the BATF has gone overboard.
I had a BATF Agent shooting in one of my Pistol Leagues last year, who was a great guy.
Not all of their Agents are "Jack Booted Thugs"

Eric

-> General