REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#46: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:45 am
    ----
Hey Bushy....you bin holdin' out on us ? I didn't know you'd been in Hospital.

Everything ok now mate?

Cheers, Vince

#47: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:48 am
    ----
Glad to hear that you are out of the Hospital Bushy.
My Mom had diverticulitus for a long time, and the Docs finally took out about ten inches of her colon.

It does come from being OLD Bushy.

Hope that you don't get it again.

Eric

#48: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:16 am
    ----
Bushy, hope you get feeling better!

#49: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:31 am
    ----
Hey!!! Appreciate the thoughts guys...But I'm out of that evil place and doing real good.

Just no seeds, not fat, no gristle, no tomatos (seeds), no cucumbers (seeds), no orange juice with pulp, no tomato juice with pulp, no stawberries (seeds), no green olives stuffed with garic spears (it's the olives)...The list is long and it's all the good stuff. I can have beer and whiskey though. Just in moderation which I was doing anyway...
Guess what I planted this spring...You guessed it...Tomatos and strawberries... Mad

And I'm not old yet...Ya hear me?!!? Not old!!! Very Happy

#50: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:31 am
    ----
I was diagnosed with the same thing last year mate - bloody painful at times.
No ban on specific foodstuffs for me though; just an admonishment to eat a balanced diet.
Now I have the joy of saying hello to Mr Camera on a fairly regular basis. Shocked

#51: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: WileyWapitiLocation: NW Colorado PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:50 pm
    ----
I had replaced an old hand primer with a new RCBS one, I thought the process would be pretty much "dummy proof", well, I proved that theory wrong on all aspects. My primers (CCI 500) would spin/rotate in the feed and would actually be inserted upside down (I think it was meant for Aussi Loaders - Hi Vince! or those living South of the Equator) - but I called RCBS and they sent me out a new small primer set for the unit - FREE - I still have some issues with it doing the same thing (there is no warranty on the USER) - so I just have to really watch the primer prior to insertion. That being said, it has caused me to have a few upside down primers, which concerned me so far as running it through my standard de-capper. Since this is a learning and sharing environment, I will simply say that I go old school on removing them so as not to corrupt others or lead them astray.

#52: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 pm
    ----
Um, gee thanks Wiley....maybe you aughta send that there errant hand primer down here to me where it was obviously intended to be. Laughing

Then again mate...maybe its the primers that are intended for the aussie and Kiwi markets. Hm, could well be food for thought there.

I use the priming arm on a single stage press and this also happens every now and again too. The only reason I have been able to see for primers flipping like that, on my setup anyway, is for the spring loaded cup that the primer sits in can sometimes catch on the edge of the guide for the primer then springing back which causes the primer to flip. I'm not familiar with the RCBS Hand Primer so I don't know if this can happen, but that is what caused flipped primers in my case.

Cheers, Vince

Last edited by Vince on Mon May 12, 2008 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#53: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: WileyWapitiLocation: NW Colorado PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:42 am
    ----
Vince - I am pretty sure you are correct - I have learned to feel it - so I pretty much just slowed down my process a bit to make sure I have a visual earlier than post insertion - adds a few seconds but it is worth it.

#54: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:06 am
    ----
Even the Lee Auto Prime II will flip a primer or two when they enter the die. I have gotton into the habit of running the handle of the press up to allow the primer to enter the die and run the handle down just enough to see the primer. Then insert the case to be primed in the die and run the handle all the way down to seat the primer. This has minimized upside down and sidways seated primers for me. I still get one every once in a while when I forget to check or get into a hurry (bad thing, this impatiance)...I doubt that there is a priming system that doesn't flip primers every so often. Could be wrong as I have not checked out the newer systems...

#55: Re: REMOVING LIVE PRIMERS FROM BRASS Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 am
    ----
I have the hand primer (RCBS) is there any other? I don't have any issues withit at all.
Bushy - too bad about the restrictions on your diet. Stick to it though because even with the nurses the hospital is no place for a man. Yep, my back is going to be a problem until I get tired of it. The biggest problem is that I am cutting down on the meds so I can live without the methadone. Each time I cut down a step I have to get used to the pain again. Once i get used to it I cut the meds down again. I amusing half what I was originally prescribed. My doctor (pretty girl) thinks I am superman because I would rather live and feel than not feel and vegitate like those strawberries in your garden. A man can live with pain but when you are groggy all the time (until I over do) you can't do anything. I am OK most of the time. I just move slower than i used to and don't go as far.
Stay on your diet! Diverticulitus can irritate the bowel enough to cause cancer - That you don't want.

-> Reloading Ammunition