Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:56 pm
    ----
I was powering down for the weekend and talked with my buddy at a local gun shop. After a long dry spell of few gun trades, he bought 50 guns today. We chatted a length and reviewed the inventory and there were two Moison Nagants in the sale. I promised to stop by on my way home.

Turns out he had a Finnish Model 28 mint, matching and lovely bore along with a Moison Nagant 91/30 also mint, matching with a perfect bore and all the accessories. We haggled and they sold for $85 each. No, I did not need them. The surplus dealers want more for rifles with "dark" bores, multicolored wood and enough different numbers for a bingo game. I just got a cost of living raise and spent it wisely. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:21 am
    ----
Gil Martin wrote:
my way home.

Turns out he had a Finnish Model 28 mint, matching and lovely bore along with a Moison Nagant 91/30 also mint, matching with a perfect bore and all the accessories. We haggled and they sold for $85 each. No, I did not need them. The surplus dealers want more for rifles with "dark" bores, multicolored wood and enough different numbers for a bingo game. I just got a cost of living raise and spent it wisely. All the best...
Gil
......... Tervehdys Gil. Mosin Nagant Krha 28/30 Finn is one of the best surplus guns. There is very good tanget rear sight with meter scale. 1meter=1,0936yds. Don´nt use surplus ammunitions. Barrel is abaut .308 and surplus ammunitions are 311. 91/30 (Sovjet Uniuon) has 311 barrel. I am slightly late? K.W.

#3: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:36 pm
    ----
K.W.,
Good to hear from you. I really like Finnish rifles and found an Italian 7.35mm 1938 Carcano carbine with SA markings. All the best...
Gil

#4: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:53 am
    ----
Moi Gil. Carcano witch markins SA= Suomen Armeija=Finnish Army? Is it so? Was somebody using also Carcano J.F.Kenedy murder? Kauko

#5: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:16 am
    ----
Lee Harvey Oswald apparently used a Mannlicher-Carcano 6.5 mm, according to what I could determine on the Interweeb. Funny, when KW asked, I hadn't really thought about it before, but of course it's the age old thing. I know exactly where I was when the news of the shooting was announced, so I went and looked it up just now.

I can recall as a young child having a sense of how important the news was, world altering, probably because of my Mom's reaction and yet after all these years, and always having been a bit of a gun nut, not knowing that information. Huh! wtf

Good call, KW.

#6: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:16 pm
    ----
Tracker, there was 2-3 people and Lee Harwey Oswald. (Smoke behind the wall!). K.W.

#7: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:16 pm
    ----
K.W.,
Yes, the Italian government sent a shipment of 7.35mm Carcano carbines to Finland in 1939 to help hold off the Russians. All the best...
Gil

#8: Re: Model 28 Finn and 91/30 Moison Nagant Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:44 pm
    ----
Gil,
I am going to have to follow you around some weekend when you visit those gun shops. Man, you really find the good stuff. Take care...
Joe

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions