Latest terrorist news.........
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: popgun, good points Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:07 pm
    ----
Let me assure everyone that I am not anti-law enforcement officer. In fact, my twin brother is a retired federal agent with 30 years packing for Uncle Sam. For the last 15 years, I have been the Emergency Management Director for my township of 15,000 people and with no local law enforcement. My dog and I are the first line of defense. I have had many favorable interactions with state police officers and other emergency services personnel and have great respect for them.

However, I cannot watch the TV show "Cops" because on too many occasions the cops seem like semi power-mad Rambos. One evening I saw city police collecting a deceased citizen's gun collection. The officers were saying things like. "this is the gun I want" and he probably got it. Not sure of the laws in other jurisdictions, but often "Cops" shows display what appears to be searches without probable cause or search warrants. I can see why the locals would not like be hassled by police even if it makes for great TV. I rarely see the same tactics in middle class neighborhoods.

In fact, the nearby city of Bethlehem, PA recently lost in court and has to pay over $3 million in a wrongful death case. Seems the police had a "tip" that a young man was selling drugs. The police dressed up in black, raided his home and doused the house with flash-bang grenades. When the stunned and probably deafened young man did not respond to police commands, he was submachine-gunned. It is all a matter of public record. The city of Bethlehem will have to raise taxes to settle the judgment. They are still looking for the drugs since none were found. All the best...
Gil

-> General