A History Lesson
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm
    ----
Hopefully, I'm going to piss some people off, but in the right way. I think Obama-sama and Billary are the two best things to happen to American politics in a lot of years. OK boys, put down the guns, why would your old buddy Tracker think that way?

Because I think that maybe it takes a couple of grade A buttholes like that to get Americans off their apathetic a##es and do something about it. Shake the vote, guys...show everyone the stuff we're reading here, stuff the people in here already knew. what's the voter turn out like in your elections? That's where the problem is.

Don't get me wrong....Canada's just as bad.

#17: Re: A History Lesson Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----
You didn't get me mad Tracker. You are right on the mark.
Dumb and Dumber won't get the Electorate off of their collective hind ends.
I'm afraid that it will take another 9/11 to do that.
Americans have VERY short memories.

Eric

#18: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:39 pm
    ----
Well sir, I truly wish I had a better option than democracy, but since I don't I'll just add that I believe democracy is based on functioning with an informed electorate. Two thirds of North America watch Oprah and Dr. Phil every day....if you weren't scared before....the rest are watching MTV.

#19: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:32 pm
    ----
I watch nether Tracker. What does that make me. Laughing

Dimitri

#20: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
I watch nether Tracker. What does that make me. Laughing

Dimitri

A spelling teacher? Maybe not. It's what you're watching to get your information big D, that was my point. I don't watch any of that crap either.

#21: Re: A History Lesson Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
    ----
tracker wrote:
Hopefully, I'm going to piss some people off, but in the right way. I think Obama-sama and Billary are the two best things to happen to American politics in a lot of years. OK boys, put down the guns, why would your old buddy Tracker think that way?

Because I think that maybe it takes a couple of grade A buttholes like that to get Americans off their apathetic a##es and do something about it. Shake the vote, guys...show everyone the stuff we're reading here, stuff the people in here already knew. what's the voter turn out like in your elections? That's where the problem is.

Don't get me wrong....Canada's just as bad.

I couldn't agree more, and it took these 2 idiots running to get some of my "less interested" friends to decide to register to vote....

#22: Re: A History Lesson Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 pm
    ----
What you guys need in the US of A is a law that we have out here in the land of OZ.........COMPULSORY VOTING !!!!

Everyone from the age of 18 onwards MUST vote.....its the law....and if you don't you get fined.

The way I see it, in the US now only those that have a vested interest in a particular policy will vote and back the individual that pushes that particular policy. This makes it fairly easy for a political party or organisation to stack the odds in their favour. With one man, one vote, from every citizen, things just might be a little different. Certainly couldn't hurt any....could it?

Tracker, you are totally correct mate. When the populace are put in the position of having to pick between BAD and BADDERER, instead of GOOD and BAD, then they just might get off'n their lazy butts and do something about it. But I doubt it...people are just too apethetic these days...its no different here in OZ...."she'll be right mate, someone will do it."

Cheers, Vince

#23: Re: A History Lesson Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:10 pm
    ----
well ya'll have pretty much said it all
i am in accord with ya

bet she isnt a good mom either.

#24: Re: A History Lesson Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:06 pm
    ----
The problem has become that politics is such a s**tload of corruption and crap and redtape bureaucracies and special interest groups etc etc, that good people don't want to run.

#25: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:56 pm
    ----
I'd run for Prime Minister Tracker but I'd never get past the first inner-party vote for leader never mind get to the election. Sad

Would enjoy being PM, mind you I'd never get reelected if I did by some act of God get elected the first time. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dimitri

#26: Re: A History Lesson Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:41 am
    ----
Dimitri...That's one of the perks of being an American citizen. I can run for President. The problem is getting elected on a shoe string budget...Where the hell did I put that darn shoe string anyway. That's what I get for only wearing boots. Never can find a shoe string when you need it...Oh well. Guess I won't run for President this year... Mad

#27: Re: A History Lesson Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 pm
    ----
Bushy,

Got to be a American BORN citizen to run for president so I'm defiantly out when it comes to running for president. Hence why Arnold can't run. Laughing

Dimitri

#28: Re: A History Lesson Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:40 pm
    ----
Arnold? Run? For Presedent? That right!! He can't!! Thank God!!!

#29: Re: A History Lesson Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Arnold? Run? For Presedent? That right!! He can't!! Thank God!!!

Bushy, I'll donate 5 bucks if you run for pres ............. Very Happy

#30: Re: A History Lesson Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:58 am
    ----
No you won't...Cause I'm not running... Evil or Very Mad

-> Spam-O-Rama