WooHoo
-> General

#1: WooHoo Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:02 pm
    ----
Well, I have wanted to get my ccw since I turned 21 last May, and I'm finally going to get it. I have been looking around, and most classes are between 3-4 hours from me. I did some researching, and I found a guy that is about 20 minutes away, and he does whatever he can get. So I set up a appointment for a week from today. I also got my mom and her friend to take it with me. So there will be 3 of us for the 8 hour class. My mom is a supervising sanitarion with the health department, and she goes to a lot of secluded places. Her friend is also a sanitarian, and she goes to some pretty desolate areas also. Wow, I'm excited.

Cody

#2: Re: WooHoo Author: KYGunnerLocation: Elizabethtown, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:15 pm
    ----
Good luck. Where will you do the shoot? I must admit that here in KY, I have talked to som guys (and girls) that have done the shooting part of the class in some pretty interesting locations because there were no ranges close. I did shoot at a local range. Enjoy the class! Pistol Shooting

#3: Re: WooHoo Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:26 pm
    ----
Wow...Yer as old as my colt (almost 9 months).

Congrats on the decission to legally carry. The responsibilities are heavy and remember...Concealed is Concealed. It's not nice to advertize. And not everyone needs to know you carry...

This will make you an ambassador for firearm law reform...If you weren't one before...

#4: Re: WooHoo Author: Joe BoleoLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm
    ----
Excellent! We need more good folks to carry. I have had a CCW since 1967. Take care...
Joe

#5: Re: WooHoo Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm
    ----
The whole point of concealed carry is exactly that....concealed. It will be at the guys house, and we shoot in his backyard. Kinda like shooting at my house, but this time I will be doing it for a liscense. I'm really excited because I want to excercise my rights, with that being one of them. There will be few people that know I carry, and I trust all of them to not tell others. The last thing I need is for someone to yell "Cody, do something"

#6: Re: WooHoo Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:06 pm
    ----
Good luck with the CCW Course Cody.

I agree 100% with Bushy on this one. Carrying is an "insurance policy" and security for you....and nobody else needs to know anything about what insurance "policies" you have. Also, you could well become a target by criminals who want your gun if they know you have it. Much better to keep it and that knowledge well hidden...but accessible.

I especially like Bushy's statement "This will make you an ambassador for firearm law reform". The entire firearms community will be judged on your actions as soon as anybody else knows that you are carrying. I have no doubt you will be a model ambassador mate.

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: WooHoo Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:12 pm
    ----
Thank you for the compliment Vince.

#8: Re: WooHoo Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:55 am
    ----
Good luck Cody.
I agree with Bushy and Vince.
I have been using my S&W Model 36, and have gone even smaller with my purchase yesterday of a Kel Tec PF 9 9mm.
People just don't have to know if you are armed.

Eric

#9: Re: WooHoo Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:49 pm
    ----
Good news...... I took the class today and got 100% on both the written and shooting halves. The class took just a little more than 8 hours, and we fired 100 rounds each. My mom and her friend each got 92% on the test, and the instructers wife also took the class with us. She passed the shooting portion, but she only got a 68% on her written portion:O You need a 70% or better to pass. Oh well, I'm off to the sherrifs department to get fingerprinted on Monday to finish the process.

Cody

#10: Re: WooHoo Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:04 pm
    ----
Congratulations. Well done mate....but then again, I never expected any less.

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: WooHoo Author: codybrownLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:34 am
    ----
Thanks Vince.

Cody

-> General