England anti-gun? Naah.......
-> General

#1: England anti-gun? Naah....... Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:44 am
    ----
Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean that no-one is out to get you............ I quote verbatim from a London paper (Metro) Wednesday July 20th.

"TOY GUN BOY,11, ARRESTED"
"A boy of 11 was held in a police cell after pointing a toy gun at a schoolmate, it was revealed yesterday. Earl Crump was photographed, fingerprinted and had to give a DNA sample after the incident at Cheyne Middle School in Sittingbourne, Kent. Headteacher Peter Woollacott said a community support officer spotted Earl holding the toy gun to another pupil's head. Two other police officers then took him to the local station, he added. 'The officers behaved impeccably well,' he said. But the child's mother, Tracey, from Sheerness, hit out. 'This was too severe,' she said."

And Americans wonder about the awe in which we behold their gun laws?
Del.

#2: Re: England anti-gun? Naah....... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:17 pm
    ----
I WILL NOT say a thing...I would be in a tyraid in seconds over this kind of STUPID paranoia. And to think I played cowboys and indians when I was a kid...

Hummmm...Wonder where my Hopalong Casity double rig of cap pistols are??

#3: Re: England anti-gun? Naah....... Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:35 pm
    ----
Bushy, you would have to allow the Indians to win 50% of the time to avoid racism laws - you would fall foul of the Control of Explosives Act and probably get done for carrying a replica pistol in public with intent to cause fear or confusion. This would all be aside from the Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO - the new "buzz -word" in law enforcement here) you would have slapped on you for noise pollution. Think I'm kidding? Uh-uh!
The only thing about the story that surprised me was that an Armed Response Unit wasn't called out at the time!

#4: Re: England anti-gun? Naah....... Author: jkhunterid PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:09 am
    ----
Now that is scary.

#5: Re: England anti-gun? Naah....... Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:49 am
    ----
Reciently I went to buy my boy a capgun. Hes almost 5 and perfect age for it. Hes been taught good gun safety and absolutely will not touch a real gun without permission (I occasionally let him help me move one that I've cleaned or something and man does he get the biggest grin knowing hes being trusted... and he tries soooo hard to be careful its almost funny).

Anywho I stop off at Toys-R-Us and after 5 min of searching and not finding anything I ask a clerk where the capguns are. He says "oh we dont carry those anymore, would you like to buy a sword instead?" Wha...? Sword? Thats safer than a capgun? Disgusted I walked out.

A couple days later we stopped off at the local ranch & supply store, one that has a pretty good selection of real guns and back in the toys area, sure enough we found a couple terrific capguns (I wish I had some as good back when I was a kid!) and bought it. He ended up getting a pump action "rifle" that shoots those very loud plastic caps. Hes happy as a clam and loves to show off "shooting" at our archery target, cans and whatnot. I always make sure he is mindful of gun safety and it seems to work.

Delboy I'm sad your country is in the condition its in... If I ever win the powerball lottery I'll pay to relocate you to the states and buy you a few boxes of ammo Smile

-DallanC

#6: Re: England anti-gun? Naah....... Author: delboyLocation: London England PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:21 pm
    ----
Dallan, if you ever won that lottery you could buy the COUNTRY with the state it's in at the moment! It'd make a nice change to have someone with a brain in charge instead of an idiot with a harpy on it's shoulder, telling it what to do and say!
jkhunterid - I'LL tell you what is scary: Imagine a man who is in charge of a country. He is sitting at the breakfast table, thinking of ways to prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country. Opposite him is his good lady wife, a barrister QC (Queen's Counsel - top dog lawyer), who does a lot of Pro Bono work for Amnesty - the organisation hell bent on finding ways to stop them being deported when they are caught. Can you imagine the conversation? "Listen dear, I've found a way to get rid of some more"
"Oh yes my love, do tell me all about it.........." Now THAT is scary!!
Del.

-> General